• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

OFFLINE Defrag and sudden stm file increase

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General >> OFFLINE Defrag and sudden stm file increase Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
OFFLINE Defrag and sudden stm file increase - 31.Aug.2006 8:06:17 AM   
sammax

Running an Exchange 2000 Server (Standard) here, and there is quite a lot of information in the Public Folder Store about 11.7Gb of raw data
Yesterday, the combined size of pub1.edb and pub1.stm was nearly 15Gb, so I deleted 1.5Gb from it, and then performed an offline defragmentation during the lunch hour
This reduced the size of both STM and EDB files down to the 11.7Gb mentioned above
However, upon monitoring it today and it is ALREADY 13.5Gb in size, with a 2Gb STM File.
The Public Folders probably wouldnt have even been used very much at all yesterday (i.e. in terms of additional content that is added to it) but I can't understand why it would suddenly have a 2Gb STM File
There is not so much traffic to cause the increase also since it is public store and not private mailbox store I don't understand why the stream file grows suddenly ?
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General >> OFFLINE Defrag and sudden stm file increase Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter