• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Selective OOF blocks internal OOF

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Exchange Server Misc] >> 3rd Party Add-ons >> Selective OOF blocks internal OOF Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Selective OOF blocks internal OOF - 8.Sep.2006 2:52:38 PM   
cookjeremiah

We have purchased selective OOF from ivasoft.biz.  We have found that after installing, Selective OOF blocks internal OOF messages.  I'm not sure why internal messages go through the SMTP transport event sink (where the selective OOF runs) but anyway, internal OOFs don't work now but they do work outside.

Please help somebody or if you know how to get ahold of ivasoft, let me know.

Jeremiah
Post #: 1
RE: Selective OOF blocks internal OOF - 8.Sep.2006 3:23:18 PM   
cookjeremiah

Wait a second, am I being a moron here?  Why do I even need selective OOF if I have exchange 2003 or exchange 2000?  Can't I just use "Internet Message Formats" under global settings.

Cut and pasted from here:http://www.activewin.com/reviews/software/servers/microsoft/exchange2k/admin.shtml
Internet Message Formats - You can configure rules for different SMTP Domains, like allowing Out of Office replies to certain domains.  Let’s use Microsoft as an example.  They work closely with MSN and may want their people to be able to send Out of Office replies to anyone from msn.com, but not allow Out of Office replies for any other SMTP domains.  All they would have to do is create a new domain inside of this container named msn.com and specify the option to Allow Out of Office replies.  Keep in mind however that if you modify the “*” domain, you are affecting all domains not specified in this container.  Also, if you define a domain, it will not “inherit settings from any other domain.

duh me. I should have known this.  But I can't then figure out why selectiveOOF is even needed then.  I guess having selectiveOOF prevents you from creating a bunch of domains under Internet Message Formats but then you have to deal with supporting custom code.

Oh well, now all I need is a script to make creating new Internet Message Format Domains easier.

(in reply to cookjeremiah)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Exchange Server Misc] >> 3rd Party Add-ons >> Selective OOF blocks internal OOF Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter