• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

cannot send and receive externally

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Message Routing >> cannot send and receive externally Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
cannot send and receive externally - 19.Sep.2006 6:05:46 AM   
atanamir

Hi,

I've finished setting up mailboxes and stuff on my hub transport server (with a separate edge transport server as well).  I've subscribed to the edge transport server and successfully started edge syncrhonisation, but i have been unable to send and receive e-mail through the internet.  Received e-mails are received on the edge transport server, but pile up in te queue with "Message Delayed" error messages (however, today somehow it suddenly got pushed through the queue ONCE... but since then it's been piling up in the queue again). 

Sending e-mails give a different error -- i receive a "550 5.7.1 Client does not have permissions to send as this sender ##" error.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks,
stephen
Post #: 1
RE: cannot send and receive externally - 21.Sep.2006 4:16:15 PM   
Krokomotzokal

Hi Stephen

You have to set ms-Exch-SMTP-Accept-Authoritative-Domain-Sender permission  to the SMTP.  If the SMTP receive session does not have this permission, the server will reject e-mail if the specified address is at an authoritative domain. An authoritative domain is an administrative domain with at least one mail server responsible for the final delivery of messages addressed to that domain.

In Exchange Management Console type:
>get-adpermission ms-Exch-SMTP-Accept-Authoritative-Domain-Sender

I took the solution from here http://www.exchangeninjas.com/TUPMPermissions ,so if you need more information about permissions visit this web site

I hope my post was helpful

Plamen

(in reply to atanamir)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Message Routing >> cannot send and receive externally Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter