• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Deleting Public Folders

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> Deleting Public Folders Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Deleting Public Folders - 2.Oct.2006 5:36:17 PM   
ACL

I created a new frontend server (E2K3 SP2) but neglected to delete the public folder store. When i wne tin to try and do this I noticed that there are a few public folders listed, I don't know where they came from, there are all 0Kb in size, one was called OWA scratchpad or something.

When I came to delete the PF store it wouldn't let me beacuse of the existance of these folders but I seem unable to delete them, there in sno option when you right click onthem, instead there is just a "Move All Replicas" item in the pop up menu. I don't want to move these Pfs because they are rouge and don't want to contaminate the other PF servers with them.

How can I delete these folders?
Post #: 1
RE: Deleting Public Folders - 2.Oct.2006 5:57:02 PM   
jchong

Hello ACL,

You are correct, front end servers do not support PF stores and can cause multiple issues. If you cannot remove the PF store through ESM, delete it from ADSIEDIT.

http://msexchangetips.blogspot.com/2006/08/exchange-removing-public-folder.html

James Chong
MCSE | M+, S+, MCTS, Security+
msexchangetips.blogspot.com

(in reply to ACL)
Post #: 2
RE: Deleting Public Folders - 4.Oct.2006 4:36:44 PM   
ACL

Thanks James, I've done that but what I really want to do is uninstall the server (well I will soon) and I suspect that the presence of these folders will prevent me from doing an uninstall. I assumed that right clickng on these would bring up a Delete option but this doesn't happen, I get Move All Replicas but I do not want to do this so how do I delete the actual folders rather than just the replica from the hierarchy (which is now done). Will deleting the priv.edb file remve the folders or are they listed in AD or somewhere else? e.g. if I delete a mailstore the mailboxes still exist in AD, is it the same for PFs?

(in reply to jchong)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> Deleting Public Folders Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter