• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Can't connect Outlook to Exchange 5.5

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 5.5] >> Installation >> Can't connect Outlook to Exchange 5.5 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Can't connect Outlook to Exchange 5.5 - 4.Oct.2006 3:15:47 PM   
tangocharlie

Hi All,

I m a new member of this great forum. I have joined it with lots of expectations. Same way I will try at my level best to be useful for this forum.

I m new for exchange server. I have installed exchange 5.5 on Win2K Adv Server. My problem is that I m able to logon to my mailbox using POP3/IMAP & OWA but not through MAPI using Outlook. It repetedly ask for the crendential. I m entering the correct user name, password and domain. I tried to access it after changing the password still no success.

I want to know whether Authentication through POP3/IMAP & OWA is different from the authentication of MAPI.

Please help me.

Regards,

Tango
Post #: 1
RE: Can't connect Outlook to Exchange 5.5 - 5.Oct.2006 6:14:37 PM   
pjhutch

The authentication is the same, as both use your domain userid to authenticate, check outlook settings, such as Kerberos/NTLM  Password authentication and that the connection is using the LAN. Make sure your account is not locked out or expired or disabled as that can prevent access to outlook.
There are some issues with later versions of Outlook with Exchange 5.5 so ensure appropiate patches are installed.

(in reply to tangocharlie)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 5.5] >> Installation >> Can't connect Outlook to Exchange 5.5 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter