• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Creating Single Node 2003 Exchange Cluster

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Creating Single Node 2003 Exchange Cluster Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Creating Single Node 2003 Exchange Cluster - 16.Oct.2006 1:27:43 PM   
Admin Stooge

All,

I'm creating a single node 2003 exchange cluster environment for our remote office in Denver.  Does anyone have links to a good document that lays out everything to follow.  Its been a while since I created a exchange cluster.

Plus I would like some advice from everyone:
We are placing a DC/GC, Exchange cluster & file share in the Denver office.  We are going to build out the DC onsite as well as the exchange build. 
Could exchange act 'weird' if we build out the environment here , powered off the clustered environment to ship it to Denver and rack it there.  All 3 servers will get new IPs once in Denver.  Is it best to just lay down the OS here in the main office and then once I re-IP all the serves to build out the DC/GC & exchange cluster?

Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Creating Single Node 2003 Exchange Cluster - 16.Oct.2006 2:04:09 PM   
mark@mvps.org

There's a good resource on clustering: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/search.asp?query=cluster#TUT on this very site.

Have I got this straight, you are deliberately creating a single node Exchange cluster and have no plans to introduce the 2nd node?

Mark Arnold (Exchange MVP)
List Moderator

(in reply to Admin Stooge)
Post #: 2
RE: Creating Single Node 2003 Exchange Cluster - 16.Oct.2006 2:05:43 PM   
Admin Stooge

I'm going to introduce the 2nd node in Phase III later in the year.  

(in reply to mark@mvps.org)
Post #: 3
RE: Creating Single Node 2003 Exchange Cluster - 16.Oct.2006 2:11:13 PM   
mark@mvps.org

Gotcha.
Fair enough then, stops you having to balls around with way too many extra bits of hardware later on.
Just watch what you do with the IPs and Subnets in ADS&S and DNS on both the DC and the Exchange. You seem to have some decent forward planning (often lacking around here) so you should be good to go.

Mark Arnold (Exchange MVP)
List Moderator

(in reply to Admin Stooge)
Post #: 4
RE: Creating Single Node 2003 Exchange Cluster - 16.Oct.2006 2:13:06 PM   
Admin Stooge

We are now thinking about building the Exchange environment here.  Then once the servers are in Denver we would just have to re-IP the node and the cluster IP.

(in reply to mark@mvps.org)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Creating Single Node 2003 Exchange Cluster Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter