• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

HTTP/1.1 503 service unavailable

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Outlook Web Access >> HTTP/1.1 503 service unavailable Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
HTTP/1.1 503 service unavailable - 19.Oct.2006 5:21:43 AM   
s_manoj21

Hello everybody.

I need to fix my OWA. details given below.

Setup:
1. Exchange server 2000 service pack 3
2. OS windows server 2000 service pack 4
3. Client OS windows XP SP4
4. My exchange server is the back end server and holds all the mailboxes
4. mail.xyz.com/exchange < this is the front end server hosted at the head office

Scenario
Earlier things were fine and users were able to use OWA without any issues. but sudddenly one day we started getting this error. whenever a user types
mail.xyz.com/exchange the server asks for a user name and password. That because this request is received by the front end server hosted at the head office. Now when the user types his domain\username and supplies the password…the request is then forwarded to MY backend server and eventually after few seconds of processing we get an error "HTTP/1.1 503 service unavailable”. I tried to find a solution from Microsoft and other sites and the resuts are give below. Now how can this problem be solved at the back end server for which I am responsible. The front end server is okay caus people at other sites having mailboxes on their respective site servers can access mails using OWA.
So what do you think sould be the problem?

Results of troubleshooting:  I came to know that in order to find out if the problem is with the front end server or the backend server. ...i should try to access the backend server directly. for eg: http://<servername>/exchange/<username> so that and AD lookup is not performed. i tried that and OWA opened just fine after giving the password. however when i tried to open any item or see the calender...it again and again asks for the username and password....but at the same time it does not accept the password.....i tried all combinations of giving the password... !!

< Message edited by s_manoj21 -- 19.Oct.2006 5:30:29 AM >
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Outlook Web Access >> HTTP/1.1 503 service unavailable Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter