• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Receiving one email multiple times via Exchange

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Message Routing >> Receiving one email multiple times via Exchange Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Receiving one email multiple times via Exchange - 25.Oct.2006 4:26:14 PM   
laytoncy

At work we run Win 2k3 SBS and Exchange 2k3.  The 3 clients in question run XP SP2 with Outlook 2k3.  Client A sent an email, via exchange, to clients B and C.  Clients A and B also have pop email accounts.  Client C received said email once.  Client B has received the email over 50 times, about 7 at a time and last I spoke is still receiving the email. 

My question is very broad.  What are the possible causes for this scenario?  I'm not having any luck.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Post #: 1
RE: Receiving one email multiple times via Exchange - 25.Oct.2006 4:59:21 PM   
consultOz

Check this out

There is a problem with how the POP3 connector processes certain messages downloaded from a POP3 server. This problem could result in the POP3 connector accidentally re-sending certain messages to recipients who are not part of the SBS server e-mail domain.
This may happen only in the cases where the POP3 connector is used to download mail from an external POP account. Customers using Exchange to host their mail internally will not experience this problem. This update resolves this issue.
All SBS customers are encouraged to install this update.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=7B1FF109-092E-4418-AA37-A53AF7B8F6FC&displaylang=en

Best
oz

Regards,
Oz Casey Dedeal
MVP (Exchange)
MCITP (EMA),MCITP (EA), MCITP (SA),
MCSE 2003 M+ S+, MCDST
Security+, Project+ ,Server+
http://smtp25.blogspot.com (Blog)
http://telnet25.wordpress.com (Blog)

(in reply to laytoncy)
Post #: 2
RE: Receiving one email multiple times via Exchange - 30.Oct.2006 7:57:06 PM   
ACTTecho

Hmm.. I have exactly the same problem occurring via exchange but only on an intermittent basis on a couple of local accounts to recipients who receive 3 copies of the same email.

The hotfix KB835734 was already in place in our situation.  Local machine shows only 1 copy sent via Outlook but Exchange System Manager shows 3 copies of the message was sent to the recipient.  I got the user to logout/login and problem disappears but re-surfaces at random times.  Up to 4 weeks before it occurs again.

SBS2003 Premium Ed

(in reply to laytoncy)
Post #: 3
RE: Receiving one email multiple times via Exchange - 15.Oct.2009 12:55:16 AM   
eng.asifiqbal

I am having the same problem but my OS details shown below:

Windows 2003 R2 Standard 32 Bit (Domain)
Exchange 2003 with Sp2 (Installed on the same machine)

Kindly help me to get the issue fixed.

Thanks,

Asif

(in reply to consultOz)
Post #: 4
RE: Receiving one email multiple times via Exchange - 15.Oct.2009 8:33:38 PM   
sai_prasad

Asif,

This is a very old forum. I hope that your problem is similar to ACTTecho, intermittently for few Users. If this the case,

Then i would suggest you to track the message first and see how many copies of mail has left Exchange. If you see multiple(duplicate) copies, look at their message ID and show an example as how they look like!!! Are they incremenal by 1?

I guess users in question have no muplitple profiles of Outlook created.

(in reply to eng.asifiqbal)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Message Routing >> Receiving one email multiple times via Exchange Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter