GOT IT TO WORK! - Not Receiving Emails (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation

joopdog -> GOT IT TO WORK! - Not Receiving Emails (9.Nov.2006 3:47:17 PM)

SEE   BOTTOM   POST

Not Receiving Emails
Two weeks ago I just installed and configured my first Windows Exchange 2003 R2 server. It was working great. Now it's not. I can send emails out. But no email coming in.

Our Exchange 2003 can not receive emails.
I found and installed Microsoft Exchange Troubleshooting Assistance
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=4bdc1d6b-de34-4f1c-aeba-fed1256caf9a&DisplayLang=en
Once installed it works great. However, I don't understand the errors I'm getting. I started with the first option

Mail Flow Troubleshooter Enter and identifying label for this analysis:
not receiving emails
What symptoms are you seeing:
Expected message from senders are delayed or are not received by some recipients.
(The closes description that fit the problem)
Next ->
Server and User Information

Exchange Server Name:
gbserver5
Global Catalog Server Name:
gbserver5
Non-Exchange Gateway Server SMTP Port (optional):
Mail address to use for delivery tests (optional):
joopdog1@hotmail.com
Next ->
Basic Server Information
SMTP instance fully-qualified domain name does not match DNS resolved server name. Server: GBSERVER5
SMTP instance fully-qualified domain name does not match server name. Server: GBSERVER5
Next ->
Connectivity
Ping successful. Server: GBSERVER5
Port 25 responded. Server: GBSERVER5
Next ->
Mail Acceptance
Mail acceptance failure. Server: GBSERVER5
Next ->
Transport Configuration Analysis

SMTP configuration. Server: GBSERVER5
 Connection filtering enabled. Server: GBSERVER5

Next ->
Domain Routing
No recipient policy found for the destined address.. Server: GBSERVER5

Can anyone help me this. It was working a week ago. We tried rolling it out today. It's not receiving any emails. However, it works internally, but not externally.

jchong -> RE: Not Receiving Emails (9.Nov.2006 3:51:21 PM)

What's the non deliverable message you receive if you were to use your personal email say hotmail to send to your company email? Please post the full error message.

joopdog -> RE: Not Receiving Emails (9.Nov.2006 4:08:47 PM)

This is one of the error messages from 11 o'clock this morning (EST).
--------------------------------------
71.98.252.32 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 503 This mail server requires authentication when attempting to send to a non-local e-mail address. Please check your mail client settings or contact your administrator to verify that the domain or address is defined for this server.
Giving up on 71.98.252.32.
--------------------------------------
I just tried again. I'm waiting for the error message.

jchong -> RE: Not Receiving Emails (9.Nov.2006 4:57:35 PM)

Check your SMTP Virtual server settings in ESM, and verify your settings against this article. Also run exchange best practice analyzer, it will set for non default\misconfigured settings.

How to Verify an SMTP Virtual Server Is Configured to Allow Anonymous Access

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/E2k3AdminGuide/7b04a59d-3eda-4389-a6a5-822a87b23da9.mspx?mfr=true

Microsoft Exchange Analyzers
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/downloads/2003/analyzers/default.mspx

consultOz -> RE: Not Receiving Emails (10.Nov.2006 11:19:42 PM)

you may want to see this as well
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/Analyzer/391087ca-4544-4c26-a9b3-51bc46328bf4.mspx?mfr=true

oz

joopdog -> RE: Not Receiving Emails (14.Nov.2006 1:08:52 PM)

I’m still unable to receive internet mail on our new exchange 2003 server that I wish to deploy. I can send outbound emails no problems. I send test emails to my yahoo.com account. I receive the email immediately into my yahoo account. Then I try to send a reply back, I receive nothing back on the new exchange server.

I ran the Troubleshooting Assistance. I’m only getting the following errors:
SMTP instance fully-qualified domain name does not match DNS resolved server name
SMTP instance fully-qualified domain name does not match server name

The exact full error message:
msExchSmtpFullyQualifiedDomainName =webite.com

The fully-qualified domain name (FQDN) of SMTP instance ‘Default SMTP Virtual Server’ on GBSERVER5 is webite.com

The fully-qualified domain name SMTP virtual server instance ‘Default SMTP Virtual Server’ on GBSERVER5 does not match the fully-qualified domain name of the server. This may cause mail routing problems. SMTP virtual server: webite.com. Server: GBSERVER5.greatbay.local.

The fully-qualified domain name SMTP virtual server instance ‘Default SMTP Virtual Server’ on GBSERVER5 does not match the DNS resolved server name. This may cause mail routing problems. SMTP virtual server: webite.com. DNS resolved server name: GBSERVER5.greatbay.local.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/Analyzer/391087ca-4544-4c26-a9b3-51bc46328bf4.mspx?mfr=true
The value of the msExchSmtpFullyQualifiedDomainName attribute specifies the FQDN for the SMTP virtual server and must be resolvable by the Domain Name System (DNS) networking protocol. (How do I do this?)

A valid DNS HOST (A) record must exist for the value of this attribute so that messaging servers that try to resolve the FQDN of the SMTP virtual server can retrieve the correct IP address and route mail appropriately.

I followed the instructions. How do I exactly enter the following email domain into our DNS server? How do I resolve this issue? Where do I enter webite.com and 209.84.253.12 in the DNS server?

Email Domain: webite.com
IP Address: 209.84.253.12

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

joopdog -> GOT IT TO WORK! - Not Receiving Emails (21.Nov.2006 5:56:36 PM)

GOT IT TO WORK!
It was my SMTP access connection.
Here’s my Mail Flow Diagram:
[img]http://host4.myspacefilehosting.com/ljyjm/Mail-Flow-Diagram_01-32x50.jpg[/img]

In the Default SMTP Virtual Server, Access tab, I changed both the Connection and Relay from Only the List Below to All Except the List Below.

I had no idea it would be simple as that!

I'm receiving internet emails.

jchong -> RE: GOT IT TO WORK! - Not Receiving Emails (21.Nov.2006 11:02:32 PM)

Great! [:D] Exchange best practice analyzer didn't pick that up? It usually picks up non default settings. Maybe it doesn't check everything.

joopdog -> RE: GOT IT TO WORK! - Not Receiving Emails (22.Nov.2006 8:44:57 AM)

You're right it does not check everything:

When I ran the Troubleshooting Assistance. This was the only error message I was getting:
SMTP instance fully-qualified domain name does not match DNS resolved server name

Therefore, I thought it was a DNS error.

Anyways, I got my Exchange 2003 to work.

Page: [1]