• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

RE: Exchange 2007 Offline Address Book

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> General >> RE: Exchange 2007 Offline Address Book Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Exchange 2007 Offline Address Book - 28.Mar.2007 8:03:23 PM   
drmorley

quote:

ORIGINAL: ewall

drmorley, I'm a little confused about your question: Is your problem really an OAB issue--that Outlook Anywhere clients aren't getting a copy of the Address Book, and thus can't find email addresses? Or is the problem that they can't email people inside the office from outside the office network?

I have a pretty good handle on how the OAB and Autodiscover stuff works now, so I may be able to point you in the right direction if that's really the issue; I have a zillion bookmarks and a few tips from my own fight with this. But if the problem is sending email to inside the company, that's different--I would bet the problem is in the permissions in your Receive Connector(s).

Right now all my clients can send/receive mail to anyone (inside or outside our network) so long as they use OWA, IMAP or SMTP. 

The problem begins when a remote client connects via Outlook Anywhere with Outlook 2007.  They can connect just fine and mail to people outside our domain comes/goes without incident.  Of the 50 clients we've got on this server about twenty of them are experience a problem where they cannot send emails to people within our network when connected via Outlook Anywhere.  There's no pattern to it, but for whatever reason about 40% of the users cannot send mail to some of the other users. 

When they log onto Exchange via OWA or IMAP the mail that failed before goes right though.  I had assumed that this problem was caused by error message all the clients get when connecting via OA (0X8004010F).  I figured that since the OAB wasn't downloading (hence the error message) this was the root cause of the mail failure. 

I haven't a clue as to how to fix it.  I should note that each client has several alias and often times with different domains. 

Any suggestions?

(in reply to ewall)
Post #: 21
RE: Exchange 2007 Offline Address Book - 30.Mar.2007 2:29:51 PM   
ewall

Hmm... 0x8004010F is the "MAPI not found" error, which I can imagine would be expected when you're using the RPC-over-HTTPS connection that Outlook Anywhere uses--but I'm not entirely sure that you want to see it...

A couple thoughts:

(a) Is your Autodiscover service really working and giving all the values to the outside world? I've found the following page--although partially unrelated--to have a lot of good info on testing Autodiscover from the server (shell command 'Test-OutlookWebServices') and from the client (special right-click option): http://www.exchangeninjas.com/AvailabilityServiceFAQ

(b) Are you using S/MIME and/or internal Certificate Services? I could also imagine that would be an interference if clients outside the network--typically not domain members--couldn't exchange PKI info... say if "signed" or "encrypted" messages are enforced internally, as is not uncommon.

(c) Lastly--I hinted at this in my last message--think about your Receive Connector on the Exchange 2007 server that's accepting the incoming messages from the external OA clients. It may be wise to double-check the authentication methods which are enabled for the Receive Connector which these clients will be coming in on (whether they have a separate one, or the default which has just about all the authentication methods enabled)--this might explain why some succeed (e.g. their client used HTTPS/TLS and Windows integrated authentication) and others fail (e.g. their client used another FQDN or IP address that didn't match the name on the SSL certificate exactly and thus failed the TLS test). Like the last one, this is just a thought...

Phew... I hope some of that is helpful to you.

~ewall

(in reply to drmorley)
Post #: 22
RE: Exchange 2007 Offline Address Book - 1.Apr.2007 5:17:35 PM   
Elan Shudnow

I am new to Exchange and haven't read every single post, but it sounds like OAB is working internally but not externally through OA?  Perhaps it's because the extrnal OAB address is not defined by default.

< Message edited by eshudnow -- 1.Apr.2007 5:20:02 PM >

(in reply to drmorley)
Post #: 23
RE: Exchange 2007 Offline Address Book - 3.Apr.2007 11:26:45 AM   
rkd

Make sure your default offline address book is selected for the storage group options undeer Server Configuration/Mailbox then Mailbox Database properties under Database Management.

(in reply to Elan Shudnow)
Post #: 24
RE: Exchange 2007 Offline Address Book - 9.Apr.2007 11:56:58 PM   
BillMSTI

I also had the same issue and based on previous posters suggestions tried adding my laptop to the office domain. Worked like a charm. The test e-mail Auto Configuration which previously came up with nothing, now shows all kinds of good stuff. This would point to some domain permission issue on the folders, but I am hesitant to mess with them. At least the damn thing works now. If joining a few laptops to the domain is the cure, so be it. All of my office desktops (OL 2003) connect fine and the rest of my users love the new Exch 2007 OWA. Maybe it will be fixed in SP1??? We should live so long.

Thanks all...

(in reply to rkd)
Post #: 25
RE: Exchange 2007 Offline Address Book - 13.Apr.2007 8:47:59 AM   
sharkey

I've got the same problems like alot others regarding the OAB 'issue'
I've deleted the default offline address book and created a new one.
Exchange reports that everything is ok, the addressbook is created.

After I create the addressbook, I try to run the 'Update' command on the new AB, Exchange dosent report any errors, but when checking my system logs I get the following entries:

Event Type:    Warning
Event Source:    MSExchangeSA
Event Category:    OAL Generator
Event ID:    9337
Date:        13.04.2007
Time:        14:26:57
User:        N/A
Computer:    EXCHANGE2007
Description:
OALGen did not find any recipients in address list '\Global Address List'.  This offline address list will not be generated.
- Default Offline Address Book

And

Event Type:    Error
Event ID:    9126
Description:
OALGen encountered error 80040402 while calculating the offline address list for address list '\Global Address List'.  This offline address list will not be available for client download. 

Anyone got a clue on how to 'correct' this issue

(in reply to BillMSTI)
Post #: 26
RE: Exchange 2007 Offline Address Book - 13.Apr.2007 3:49:05 PM   
ewall

sharkey, I think yours is a rather different problem, actually: your server is probably just not putting any users in the Address Lists. Check out this page on updating the default filters which generate the Address Lists:
http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2007/01/11/432158.aspx

(Also here's more on the topic of understanding Address Lists: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb232119.aspx )

Hope that helps!

~ewall

(in reply to sharkey)
Post #: 27
RE: Exchange 2007 Offline Address Book - 27.Apr.2007 3:12:40 PM   
v3user

While I may not be an exchange expert take a look at this article

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/903295

I was having similar issues which were posted on this thread, the changed fixed it all for me.

(in reply to ewall)
Post #: 28
RE: Exchange 2007 Offline Address Book - 15.May2007 7:35:44 AM   
farisnt

I have this problem and More
I have this problem
when I try to access OAB website .. I got an 404 Page Not Found ..
Note that when I try to access the page from the server .. the page open and the XML file are viewed
when I try to access it using HTTPS THis fail

I try the Test AutoConfiguration from the Outlook and it Fail in getting infoormation

Talk with all .. Learn from All
MCP - VB - A+

(in reply to v3user)
Post #: 29
RE: Exchange 2007 Offline Address Book - 8.Aug.2007 3:04:37 PM   
SFAFTech

For what it is worth.  I have a new Exch 2007 system w/ the same issues - Offline Address book not downloading to client - you get a sync error on the client.  In my case it happened to Outlook 2007 clients, and the system was/is joined to the domain, based on some of the stuff here, and elsewhere I found this:

Check the Url of the OAB Default website:

Exchange Mgmt Console|Server Config|CAS|OAB Tab| Properties of OAB Site|Internal URL
Make sure this is HTTPS:// not the default HTTP:// (assuming you have secured the communications between the CAS/HT/Mail servers as is suggested).  (verify this by copying the url to IE and you will get an error saying you must be https://)

On the Client verify the current settings:

Open Outlook Ctrl-Click the tray Icon
Choose "Test Email Connection"
Click test.
the OAB url will probably be "Http://"

Delete the users Mail profile in control panel
Open Outlook, allow autodiscovery
do a manual Send Recieve/Download address book
No Errors.

Repeat the test steps the url should be https://

This fixed it for me, and i hate it when people get the fix and don't share so i figured i would share.  Hope it helps others.... now on to the Outlook Anywhere issues....

(in reply to farisnt)
Post #: 30
RE: Exchange 2007 Offline Address Book - 9.Aug.2007 2:30:03 PM   
farisnt

Yes
I dont know what happend to my exchange
I Leave it for several hour just running
doing nothing
and it work fine
some of the thing I miss on Exchange 2003 that is
after adding the users just rebuild and Update the OAB and RUS
its VERY seldom to see an OAB problem in 2003
I dont know whats going on with exchange 2007

Talk with all .. Learn from All
MCP - VB - A+

(in reply to SFAFTech)
Post #: 31
RE: Exchange 2007 Offline Address Book - 9.Aug.2007 5:40:57 PM   
esoterik1967

This may be a silly post but in the EMC and under Organization Configuration and then the properties of the Default Offline Address Book is Web-based distribution enabled?

(in reply to Dave_R)
Post #: 32
RE: Exchange 2007 Offline Address Book - 21.Aug.2007 3:27:15 PM   
paulhaskew

hi everyone, I am too having this issue with machines not joined to the domain but authing via their domain credentials... I was thinking about how my network is setup via the domains and where things are pointing... Our setup is like this...

PDC/EXCH etc are all on a .local domain
primary addresses are .com domain
autodiscover is setup in DNS on all DC/DNS machines

settings for OAB are web-based distro enabled, internal url is set to https://servername.domain.local/OAB and is accessable via web browser, and also appears in IIS...

Could it be possible that the outlook client doesn't know where to look or is looking at an improper domain name? Perhaps the credentials being passed are not of the proper syntax?

I have also been playing with the Test E-mail AutoConfig dialog and found that when it goes to https://server.local/autodiscover it finds nothing, obviously because the main PDC doesn't host the OAB, so it switches to https://autodiscover.domain.local/audodiscover and it completes... Am I missing something here?

(in reply to esoterik1967)
Post #: 33
RE: Exchange 2007 Offline Address Book - 23.Aug.2007 12:26:18 PM   
xchaparro

I fixed my using using autodiscover. I am running outlook 2007 and after you configure your internal and external address on your exchange server your outllook 2007 should pick up the right settings. You should have either mail or autodiscover.yourdomain.com pointing to your exchange access server.

(in reply to SFAFTech)
Post #: 34
RE: Exchange 2007 Offline Address Book - 23.Aug.2007 5:06:18 PM   
paulhaskew

what did you put in as your external address?

(in reply to xchaparro)
Post #: 35
RE: Exchange 2007 Offline Address Book - 31.Aug.2007 11:43:09 AM   
paulhaskew

anyone?

(in reply to paulhaskew)
Post #: 36
RE: Exchange 2007 Offline Address Book - 10.Sep.2007 11:55:16 AM   
paulhaskew

anyone at all?

(in reply to paulhaskew)
Post #: 37
RE: Exchange 2007 Offline Address Book - 11.Sep.2007 12:19:04 PM   
davtup

Hi all!
I have same problem too:

I did Upgrade Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2007 for my organization.

My local domain: davtup.Corp

I have a local CA Server, and issue one certificate for Client Access Server (CAS.davtup.corp) with name: mail.davtup.com.vn (davtup.com.vn is my External domain)

In my organization, user use both Oulook 2003 and Outlook 2007. First I have the problem with both Outlook 2k3 and 2k7: Task 'Microsoft Exchange' reported error (0x8004010F) : 'The operation failed. An object cannot be found.'

I did try the way:
1. Rebuild Offline Address book
2. Change Internal url for offline address book : https://cas.davtup.corp/oab to https://mail.davtup.com.vn/oab
Error message disappear on Outlook 2003 and i discover the error message on Oulook 2007:
8:28:11 Synchronizer Version 12.0.6024
18:28:11 Synchronizing Mailbox 'Microsoft Exchange'
18:28:11 Done
18:28:12 Microsoft Exchange offline address book
18:28:12                                 Not downloading Offline address book files.  A server (URL) could not be located.
18:28:12                0X8004010F
I try to search this error by google and found the way: http://www.developerfood.com/exchnage-2007-oab-problem/microsoft-public-exchange-setup/cec0137f-a682-45e7-a97f-646de72ded68/article.aspx
tomorrow I'm going to do this way. I think maybe helpful for someone.
Good luck for all and me

What will be, will be!

(in reply to paulhaskew)
Post #: 38
RE: Exchange 2007 Offline Address Book - 21.Nov.2007 11:05:42 AM   
wilde

quote:

ORIGINAL: sharkey

I've got the same problems like alot others regarding the OAB 'issue'
I've deleted the default offline address book and created a new one.
Exchange reports that everything is ok, the addressbook is created.

After I create the addressbook, I try to run the 'Update' command on the new AB, Exchange dosent report any errors, but when checking my system logs I get the following entries:

Event Type:    Warning
Event ID:    9337
Description:
OALGen did not find any recipients in address list '\Global Address List'.  This offline address list will not be generated.

And

Event Type:    Error
Event ID:    9126
Description:
OALGen encountered error 80040402 while calculating the offline address list for address list '\Global Address List'.  This offline address list will not be available for client download. 

Anyone got a clue on how to 'correct' this issue

I have exactly the same issue as above  can anyone help?

(in reply to sharkey)
Post #: 39
RE: Exchange 2007 Offline Address Book - 4.Feb.2008 7:34:42 PM   
greenmonkey777

Well, this post is a bit late, but since this thread never ended with a clear solution I would like to provide mine. 

I had the same problem with my Outlook 2007 clients that the orginal poster had.

Microsoft Exchange offline address book
Not downloading Offline address book files.  A server (URL) could not be located.
0X8004010F

This resolution will only fix this issue with Outlook 2007 clients.  For those using Outlook 2003 you will need to look into the public folder approach.

Now, what has been suggested, is the "hold ctrl and click the systray icon" approach.  And, this is the prefect way to troubleshoot the issue.  The problem being, that it is hard to decern from this collection of post exactly what you are looking for.  Also, you have to understand that Autodiscover, this error, and the OAB are all intertwined. 

Autodiscover, by defalut, will take the domain name of the email address (@domain.com) and add that to the set URL for autodiscover:  https://domain.com/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml to pull the xml file with the connection URL for the OAB.  The URL that is pull must be specified in the OAB settings in Exchange 2007 managment console under the external URL listing.  Which is not populated by default.  Autodiscover will also check other URLs such as https://autodiscover.domain.com/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml so, you can add an external DNS record for you domain to allow this to resolve as well.  Now, if it was only that simple.  I believe that the problem most run into, and this was my case, is that in my SSL certificate I did not originally include the root of the domain in the accepted domain names for the cert.  So, even though I had included https://mail.domain.com and even though https://domain.com resolved to the same IP, the cert was not valid for a SSL connection at https://domain.com.  So, my autodiscover would not authenticate and fail, and, inturn, I coudl not sync the OAB. 

I hope this helps to clearify this error for those out there still having it.  Now, of course, I have my 9 Outlook 2007 clients fixed.  Time to move on to the 50+ Outlook 2003 clients lol. 

(in reply to drmorley)
Post #: 40

Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >> << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> General >> RE: Exchange 2007 Offline Address Book Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter