• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

RE: Exchange 2007 Offline Address Book

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> General >> RE: Exchange 2007 Offline Address Book Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Exchange 2007 Offline Address Book - 1.May2008 11:03:53 PM   
jasonbvh

Hi Guys

we are busy migrating exch2003 to exch 2007, users in exch2003 have no issues, but some of the new migrated users are having weird problems downloading the 2007 OAB.
Explanation:
Weird problem we have a couple of storage groups with multiple databases in the storage groups, some users can download the exch2007 OAB on certain databases in the same storage group and other users cannot download the OAB in different databases on the same storage group, we receieve the following error
"an error occured while opening the Microsoft Exchange Offline Address Book files on the Microsoft Exchange Server, see yourAdministrator "
then you click ok and then get the following prompt
" Microsoft Outlook could not download your Offline Address Book"
any help or ideas would be great
jasonbvh

jasonbvh

(in reply to ewall)
Post #: 41
RE: Exchange 2007 Offline Address Book - 28.Jun.2008 4:15:34 AM   
LANm0nk3y

I'm not necessarily new to this site, but I've never posted.  But I figured I'd share my experience.  I had the same issue.  It's related to the Public Folder not existing.

I first had issue with the public folder not mounting.  So if you properly follow the
guide here you may be able to fix the sync issue.  Follow "Sonny's" guide:
http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2112057&SiteID=17&mode=1

Once I got the Public Folder properly mounted, with the correct Hierarchy ties.  I didn't have anymore issue with the offline address book.  The offline address book is tied to the public folder.  I believe there's system folders unter public folder that stores the offline address book. 

I hope this helps.

(in reply to jasonbvh)
Post #: 42
RE: Exchange 2007 Offline Address Book - 14.Jul.2008 11:28:25 PM   
pinkie

Hi,

This might be helpful for someone.

I was getting these Sync messages in Outlook
12:07:44 Microsoft Exchange offline address book
12:07:44                                 Not downloading Offline address book files.  A server (URL) could not be located.
12:07:44                0X8004010F

I looked for a solution for a while and the I found this thread and the mention of "Test email AutoConfiguration" in Outlook using CTRL key and right click. I tried it and it showed me that there was an error with autodiscovery virtual directory (VD).

I opened IIS and checked permissions for autodiscover VD and they were okay. I also checked OAB VD and it had Integrated Windows Authentication. I've added basic authentication and .. I've stopped getting the above error and my address list updated.

I think I needed to enable Basic authentication because my computer is not a member of the domain, so Integrated Authentication wasn't working properly.

Anyway I thought it may be useful to someone with a smilar setup to mine.

(in reply to LANm0nk3y)
Post #: 43
RE: Exchange 2007 Offline Address Book - 15.Jul.2008 9:12:58 PM   
karbo

quote:

I think I needed to enable Basic authentication because my computer is not a member of the domain, so Integrated Authentication wasn't working properly.

Interesting. The computer will not be able to query AD for the SCP (Service Connection Point) for autodiscover since it is not domain connected This SCP holds the URL so that the client can contact the autodiscover service. The autodiscover service in turn sends the OAB Url to the client.

If the cert is mucked up, the OAB URL is incorrect or your off the domain (No SCP) object. You'll experience similar issues.

Regards-

Karbo

(in reply to pinkie)
Post #: 44
RE: Exchange 2007 Offline Address Book - 15.Jul.2008 10:11:01 PM   
t0ta11ed

Wow...I've never seen this thread....and from an Outlook 2007 standpoint, this is entirely an Autodiscover problem. I've had this error upon migration and it is just a matter of making sure it works for Outlook 2k7. Especially if you have 2003 clients not getting this error. Autodiscover is covered in depth and ad-nausem on this board.

Invasion Plans - http://dev.marzopolis.com

(in reply to ewall)
Post #: 45
RE: Exchange 2007 Offline Address Book - 23.Jul.2008 12:57:15 AM   
exchange2008

It's solved
http://forums.msexchange.org/fb.aspx?m=1800477502&key=0x8004010F

MS KB is right. But it ignore many steps.
So we couldn't fix by MS KB.

(in reply to jasonbvh)
Post #: 46
RE: Exchange 2007 Offline Address Book - 1.Aug.2008 12:46:28 PM   
rghanim

I had the same error and the way i handle it is using OWA easy fast and reliable solution.  the funny is outlook 2003 it worked but in outlook 2007 it keep saying server not available.  By the time I give up fixing outlook 2007 offline address book the user came back from vacation

(in reply to seikeiaiki)
Post #: 47
RE: Exchange 2007 Offline Address Book - 12.Nov.2008 9:43:34 PM   
jasonplasencia

This is what we did to fix the sync error problem. 

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940881

(in reply to seikeiaiki)
Post #: 48
RE: Exchange 2007 Offline Address Book - 28.Jul.2009 10:09:43 AM   
ahmedza76

dear .

please go to the link below , I am sure you will find the answer for your problem there

http://www.ms-phantom.com

thanx

(in reply to seikeiaiki)
Post #: 49
RE: Exchange 2007 Offline Address Book - 8.Mar.2010 6:54:01 AM   
matharji

Hi,
I have exchange 2007 and outlook 2003 and 2007. When, I am trying to "Download Address Book" from Outlook 2007 from tool menu. It shows “Preparing to send receive…” for all the time. No error, no any message there. I have check “autodiscover” it is working fine. And I have given entry for “Autodiscove” in our DNS. Please suggest….
~Athar~

(in reply to drmorley)
Post #: 50
RE: Exchange 2007 Offline Address Book - 7.Aug.2010 5:09:15 AM   
bibomaria

Hi !

You can exchange your address book using a third party software that is very effectively and powerful tool that remove and repair all types all issues in outlook express. one of them you can find it at :: www.repairexchange.net

(in reply to ewall)
Post #: 51
RE: Exchange 2007 Offline Address Book - 9.Aug.2010 6:47:09 AM   
bibomaria

Hi !

if your facing with your address book in exchange server, i think you should go for a Kernel software that are amazing with exchange server's address book related issues that are very common issues within Microsoft exchange server. you can find such a software at:: www.exchangedatabaserepair.com

(in reply to seikeiaiki)
Post #: 52
RE: Exchange 2007 Offline Address Book - 25.Mar.2011 12:06:17 PM   
nhewett

try this command in the Exchange management console:

"get-offlineaddressbook | update-offlineaddressbook"

this has worked for me several times. also, make sure that your exchange 2007/2010 server is the generating server for the offline address book. Open EMC and go to Org. Config - Mailbox - Offline address book. you should see the generating server listed there.

Hope this helps!

nh

(in reply to ewall)
Post #: 53

Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> General >> RE: Exchange 2007 Offline Address Book Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter