• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

multiple domains (yes, i have read the howto's)

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Message Routing >> multiple domains (yes, i have read the howto's) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
multiple domains (yes, i have read the howto's) - 29.Nov.2006 12:23:00 PM   
monster

Greetings,
I have one exchange server 2003 recieving mail for domain abc.com up and running, and have recently registered 123.com and The MX records are set up correctly, but am unable to recieve mail on 123.com.

There are various HOWTO's out there all along the lines of
step1 open Recipient Policies
step2 edit recipient policies
step3 congratulations your new email address space works!

I have correctly edited the "recipient policies", ran the "recipient update services", restarted the SMTP service and also created a new connector specifically to deal with this domain (old connector should have done it, but just to be sure...).

yet if i look at the email attempts on a packit by packit basis, I see the connection accepted on port 25 (SMTP port), sender sends "from" address (user@otherdomain.com), server accepts, sender sends "to" address (dave@123.com), server sends "unable to relay for dave@123.com" and the connection closes down.

If anyone knows of some details that I've missed and could enlighten me i would be forever in your debt... no seriously!
I'm quite the novice on exchange server, never having done anything remotly complex with it before so even if its some trivial basic step that i could have missed feel free to say.
Post #: 1
RE: multiple domains (yes, i have read the howto's) - 29.Nov.2006 12:34:44 PM   
de.blackman

Within the recipient policy, can you confirm that when you look into the properties of the 123.com domain the checkbox that mentions "exchange is responsible for this domain" (not the exact words) is selected?

Ibrahim Benna - Microsoft Exchange MVP
Forum Moderator
Navantis
@IbrahimBenna

(in reply to monster)
Post #: 2
RE: multiple domains (yes, i have read the howto's) - 30.Nov.2006 11:18:31 AM   
monster

Sorry about the delayed response,
yes, i can confirm that.

the exact wording is:
"This exchange organisation is responsible for all mail delivery to this address" with a tick next to it

(in reply to de.blackman)
Post #: 3
RE: multiple domains (yes, i have read the howto's) - 30.Nov.2006 12:08:10 PM   
monster

as another update I just discovered that I can view emails using the Dave@123.com domain.
by that i mean i can login as Dave@123.com using the mail server mail.123.com (aliased to my domain controller with exchange server on it) and it will send mail as "dave@123.com" (not that "from" fields are that reliable ordinarilly in the SMTP protocol)

dont know if that helps or means anything

(in reply to monster)
Post #: 4
RE: multiple domains (yes, i have read the howto's) - 30.Nov.2006 12:59:42 PM   
monster

In yet ANOTHER update, it is solved

just so no one sprains their brains out there it all boils down to a freekin typo!
i went over it a million times, no need to kick me or send me hatemail as i will be doing that to myself anyway (using my new domain 123.com none-the-less)

thankyou for your patience, sorry about the wasted bandwidth

(in reply to monster)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Message Routing >> multiple domains (yes, i have read the howto's) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter