550 No Such User? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Message Routing

rradmin -> 550 No Such User? (30.Nov.2006 3:10:51 PM)

Hello, I've taken over the duties of maintaining our exchange 2003 server. Our IT guy quit and they needed someone to fill in. I have setup and email account and registered a new user. Every direction of mail works except for receiving external mail. All internal and outbound mail works fine. Sender of the mail will always receive an error like this one below:

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject:             hellooo?
     Sent:                 11/29/2006 11:33 AM

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

name@domain.com on 11/29/2006 11:33 AM
           There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server.  Please contact your system administrator.
           <#####.#####.com #5.5.0 smtp;550 No such user - psmtp>

I have full access to the server. Anyone have an idea of what I did wrong in the creation of the new user? All existing users have no problems. Thanks.

jchong -> RE: 550 No Such User? (30.Nov.2006 3:27:21 PM)

Do you have some proxy spam gateway? If so alot of times these gateways synch up directory information with your AD for new users created.

rradmin -> RE: 550 No Such User? (30.Nov.2006 3:59:33 PM)

There is a watchguard Firebox x700 sitting in front of the exch server.. but I really have no experience with these things. If I were to reboot it do you think it would synch up with my AD?

jchong -> RE: 550 No Such User? (30.Nov.2006 4:14:41 PM)

Does this appliance do your SPAM filtering? If it is doing ldap synchs with your AD then rebooting may update it.

rradmin -> RE: 550 No Such User? (30.Nov.2006 5:00:28 PM)

I rebooted the firebox but still no luck...

When creating the new user I:
Opened AD Users & Computers
Right click Users / Click New > User
Filled everything out as it appeared with other users.
Made sure "Create EXCH Mailbox" was checked...

very confused..

rradmin -> RE: 550 No Such User? (1.Dec.2006 10:56:40 AM)

ok I got it.. they use a service called postini that I had to validate the address with.. thanks for the help..

Page: [1]