• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

forwarding one exchange email to multiple email addresses

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Message Routing >> forwarding one exchange email to multiple email addresses Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
forwarding one exchange email to multiple email addresses - 2.Dec.2006 1:39:01 AM   
bewareofthecow

Hello, I'm somewhat new to exchange.

My company is using Exchange 2k,
My problem is they want the emails going to accounting@company.com to be forwarded to multiple user addresses within exchange. Using properties of the user account in active directory i have found the way to forward to a SINGLE address but it does not allow me to forward to groups or allow multiple contacts to be selected.

There must be a way to do this. Can someone please be so kind to explain the details of this solution?
Post #: 1
RE: forwarding one exchange email to multiple email add... - 2.Dec.2006 8:41:16 AM   
jchong

>i have found the way to forward to a SINGLE address but it does not allow me >to forward to groups or allow multiple contacts to be selected.

Did you go to the user properties, Exchange general tab, delivery options, forwarding address, then you should be able to select a distribution group no?

James Chong
MCSE | M+, S+, MCTS, Security+
msexchangetips.blogspot.com

(in reply to bewareofthecow)
Post #: 2
RE: forwarding one exchange email to multiple email add... - 2.Dec.2006 12:11:06 PM   
bewareofthecow

again, excuse my ignorance.

I was under the impression I could forward to a user group. What's the easiest way to create a distribution list?

(in reply to jchong)
Post #: 3
RE: forwarding one exchange email to multiple email add... - 2.Dec.2006 12:23:59 PM   
bewareofthecow

I found the microsoft KB that explains this in detail... for anyone else that was as dumb as me...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/251631

:)

Thanks jchong!

Post #: 4
RE: forwarding one exchange email to multiple email add... - 7.Jan.2010 6:17:37 AM   
cgarcia

This is what i did, and it works. My guess is that this is the way to distribute mails to multiple users. You have to use Distribution Group.

M Exchange - Recipient Config - Distribution Group
New distributin group. New group. If is just for mail, leave it on distribution.
Once created right click on the new DG- Properties, go to members and add whoever you want to receive mails.

Using DGs you can distribute mails to as many people as you want.

Hope it helped.

MCITP
MCTS x10

Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Message Routing >> forwarding one exchange email to multiple email addresses Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter