• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

iUsing Pop connector to pull mail, no longer reaching local mailboxes

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> iUsing Pop connector to pull mail, no longer reaching local mailboxes Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
iUsing Pop connector to pull mail, no longer reaching l... - 5.Dec.2006 1:28:40 AM   
CaptDistraction

As of a week ago, my server's mail is no longer reaching the recipients. Its a less than ideal enviroment, but had worked up to last week for some time.

Background:
SBS2003 server, on residential net service (port 25 blocked)
4 pop accounts on isp hosting.
exchange uses MS SBS pop connector to pull them and forward them to one user mailbox
smtp's out to isp smtp server as a smarthost.
AD is domain.local, has caused some issues with sent mail (really need to get their own domain or come up with a better solution)

Again, not ideal.

The messages are being popped. however, once popped, they are no longer reaching the folders on any of the 4 computers that connect via exchange protocol on outlook 2003, or show in OWA on the server.

I can go into the system manager, and find the messages in the message tracker via date range, almost all of the mail is there. Last entry in most is submitted to categorizer, but never reaches any of the folders in the client email.

I think it had something to do with a dumb move on my part (besides setting up this mangled beast of a setup): Because the user's sent mail had his local domain address which was not visible from the internet, I changed it in his directory user setting to one of his pop accounts. That's when things went haywire. I've since removed it, but still having message difficulties. A lot of the confirmed undelivered mail has mspop3connector.ispprovidedemailaddy@isp.net

How can I fix this mess and get back to how things were before? Also, is there a way to get a different reply to address for users on this type of server setup until I can get the server on a internet visible static IP and get a mx record pointed at it to handle the future email needs of my client?
Post #: 1
RE: iUsing Pop connector to pull mail, no longer reachi... - 14.Dec.2006 12:49:36 AM   
swanson@itctel.com

Hi;
Have the same problem... did you ever get it resolved? Thanks much!

Lee

(in reply to CaptDistraction)
Post #: 2
RE: iUsing Pop connector to pull mail, no longer reachi... - 14.Dec.2006 3:19:38 AM   
flowcom1

First you should use a mail reflector to have your mail delivered directly to your exchange server via a different port than port 25.  I use  no-ip.com . They can provide a reflector for about $40.00 a year.  Works well. 

I also use GFI mail essentials to do the POP connection or another POP to exchange program. No problems at all.

In order to to change to smtp address, you can use AD user and computers snapin and go to user accoutn you want to change.  select the email address tab.  Select NEW and in the popup box select SMTP address.  Click OK then put what ever address you want in there.  Once you done with that, click on the newly created smtp address, then click the SET AS PRIMARY tab. then that will be the defalt reply address.

I hope this helps. 

< Message edited by flowcom1 -- 14.Dec.2006 3:21:19 AM >

(in reply to CaptDistraction)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> iUsing Pop connector to pull mail, no longer reaching local mailboxes Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter