• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

3rd Party Exchange Recovery Software

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> 3rd Party Exchange Recovery Software Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3rd Party Exchange Recovery Software - 7.Dec.2006 4:26:49 PM   
timkpsft

I was wondering if anyone would have suggestions for a 3rd party software application to use for an MS Exchange 2003 disaster recovery on SBS 2003.  I have attempted a backup and a recovery without success.  The attempt was on nonsimilar (hardware) servers.

If anyone has suggestions, or pros/cons of applications designed for this, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Tim
Post #: 1
RE: 3rd Party Exchange Recovery Software - 8.Dec.2006 4:45:02 AM   
mark@mvps.org

www.quest.com have their ERM product and www.ontrack.com have their PowerControls product.

Mark Arnold (Exchange MVP)
List Moderator

(in reply to timkpsft)
Post #: 2
RE: 3rd Party Exchange Recovery Software - 8.Dec.2006 11:54:50 AM   
BallackCheng

Hi,

You can use Offline restoration. First, backup 4 files - priv.edb, pub.edb, priv.sdm, and pub sdm. Second, Install a new server with exchange installation. Third, in storage group, bring mailbox and public folder offline. Forth, copy over the above 4 files to the new server. Fifth, replace the original 4 files with these newly copied files. Sixth, bring back both pub and priv online again.

Before you can replace these 4 files and offline the storage groups, you have to stop the info store service.

Alternative, you can follow the instrustion from SBS 2003 swing migration. I don't remember where can i get this, but you have to pay for it. SBS 2003 swing migration teach you how to replace the old sbs 2000 server to sbs 2003 server, and retained AD domain, name, dns namespace, exchange organisation.

(in reply to mark@mvps.org)
Post #: 3
RE: 3rd Party Exchange Recovery Software - 10.Dec.2006 10:56:52 PM   
Sunny.C

You might also want to take a look at www.veritas.com , their products are pretty good.

(in reply to BallackCheng)
Post #: 4
RE: 3rd Party Exchange Recovery Software - 30.Sep.2010 5:18:08 AM   
Jim Chou

Advanced Exchange Recoveryworks quite excellent, as a suggestion for a 3rd party software application to use for an MS Exchange 2003 disaster recovery.
I've used it for several months.

Jim

(in reply to timkpsft)
Post #: 5
RE: 3rd Party Exchange Recovery Software - 22.Nov.2017 6:02:24 AM   
nancygardner

Best Exchange Server Recovery is capable to repair and restore corrupt EDB mailboxes and gets back unreachable mailboxes. It is the all-in-one utility that recovers attachments, emails, calendars, contacts and tasks from inaccessible EDB files. It has a lot of facilities and features to enjoy.The tool can repair all the severely damaged or corrupt EDB files and recovers all the inaccessible or damaged mailboxes. PST files can easily be imported to Outlook and you can get access to all the emails back. It features powerful algorithms for scanning the particular data. It is very useful to restore and recover back the mailboxes that have been removed intentionally or unintentionally. It supports different MS Exchange versions along with latest Windows OS and Exchange Server. It supports Microsoft Exchange Server 2016 / 2013 / 2010 / 2007 / 2003 / 2000 & 5.5. It is compatible with Windows Server 12, Vista, 7, 8.1 and 10.

(in reply to Jim Chou)
Post #: 6
RE: 3rd Party Exchange Recovery Software - 27.Nov.2017 11:23:37 PM   
HowardGreen

I would like to suggest one more application for Exchange Server Recovery, this tool not only recover but also convert edb to pst format.This tool have some features at Free of Cost.
http://goo.gl/2V97X3

Thanks

(in reply to nancygardner)
Post #: 7

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> 3rd Party Exchange Recovery Software Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter