3rd Party Exchange Recovery Software (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation

timkpsft -> 3rd Party Exchange Recovery Software (7.Dec.2006 4:26:49 PM)

I was wondering if anyone would have suggestions for a 3rd party software application to use for an MS Exchange 2003 disaster recovery on SBS 2003.  I have attempted a backup and a recovery without success.  The attempt was on nonsimilar (hardware) servers.

If anyone has suggestions, or pros/cons of applications designed for this, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Tim

mark@mvps.org -> RE: 3rd Party Exchange Recovery Software (8.Dec.2006 4:45:02 AM)

www.quest.com have their ERM product and www.ontrack.com have their PowerControls product.

BallackCheng -> RE: 3rd Party Exchange Recovery Software (8.Dec.2006 11:54:50 AM)

Hi,

You can use Offline restoration. First, backup 4 files - priv.edb, pub.edb, priv.sdm, and pub sdm. Second, Install a new server with exchange installation. Third, in storage group, bring mailbox and public folder offline. Forth, copy over the above 4 files to the new server. Fifth, replace the original 4 files with these newly copied files. Sixth, bring back both pub and priv online again.

Before you can replace these 4 files and offline the storage groups, you have to stop the info store service.

Alternative, you can follow the instrustion from SBS 2003 swing migration. I don't remember where can i get this, but you have to pay for it. SBS 2003 swing migration teach you how to replace the old sbs 2000 server to sbs 2003 server, and retained AD domain, name, dns namespace, exchange organisation.

Sunny.C -> RE: 3rd Party Exchange Recovery Software (10.Dec.2006 10:56:52 PM)

You might also want to take a look at www.veritas.com , their products are pretty good.

Jim Chou -> RE: 3rd Party Exchange Recovery Software (30.Sep.2010 5:18:08 AM)

Advanced Exchange Recoveryworks quite excellent, as a suggestion for a 3rd party software application to use for an MS Exchange 2003 disaster recovery.
I've used it for several months. [:D]

Jim

Deleted User -> [Deleted] (22.Nov.2017 6:02:24 AM)

[Deleted by Admins]

Deleted User -> [Deleted] (27.Nov.2017 11:23:37 PM)

[Deleted by Admins]

Page: [1]