• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

How to Installing Another Exchange Server in Another Location?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> How to Installing Another Exchange Server in Another Location? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to Installing Another Exchange Server in Another Lo... - 12.Dec.2006 3:02:37 AM   
Broncos

Dear All,

I'm new here and also in Exchange 2003. I have several question.

I have three office location. Let says A is the head office, B & C is the Branch Office.

I've already installed the Windows 2003 in the Location A. Make it as Domain Controller and installed Exchange on it.

The question is, what is the best way to install another Exchange Server on the branch office under the same domain? Shall I make new Additional Domain Controller for the DC in the Head Office, then install the Exchange on it, and put it on the branch office? Or shall I make the child domain for the branch office and install the exchange on it.

Is there someone have article explaining step by step to configure the exchange on the different location? Please let me know.... Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
Hanafi Tarsley
Post #: 1
RE: How to Installing Another Exchange Server in Anothe... - 12.Dec.2006 8:28:29 AM   
farisnt

Hello and welcome to this super forum
its not important to install the exchange on a domain controller
infact its Not Recommand to do this
when you install the exchange make sure that its alone with its Antivirus ONLYYY
and if you need to install exchange on a nother server ( as I understand you need to remove the exchange from the DC and install it on another Server )
first install Windows 2003 Service Pack1
then
install Exchange on the new Server .. and install it as additional Server
( no need for forst prep or Domain prep )
after this open the exchange and do these steps to replicate the data
Open the Recipient Update Service and Click Browse and select the new server
and also the Offline Address List
and set the new server as a master
and dont forget to replicate the Public folder
after this
MOVE ALL MAILBOXES FROM THE OLD SERVER TO THE NEW ONE . 
STOP THE EXCHANGE SERVICE ON THE OLD EXCHANGE SERVER
and try the exchange and make sure that the send and recive are complete OK ... and also change the Outlook Profile to point to the new server
if this complete OK then every thing seem to be ok

(in reply to Broncos)
Post #: 2
RE: How to Installing Another Exchange Server in Anothe... - 12.Dec.2006 8:37:03 PM   
Broncos

Firs, I need to said Thank you for the welcome.

Hmmm, one thing why I install it on the domain controller is because we have a lack of server hardware. Since there is no hardware available that's why I Install it on the domain controller.

Anyway I need to install another exchange server for another server in another location. Wich means I need one exchange server available to server every office (Head Office and Branch Office). It's because we have a very low connection to the branch office, and the branch office have at least 150 user each. That's why I need to install the exchange on the branch office to server them. But I need to get all the server in one domain, wich is all the mail from the branch office is send to the exchange server in head office and then send it to the internet. So the head office is the gateway for all the office.

Any suggestion how I'm supposed to do that? Thank you.

Best Regards,
Hanafi Tarsley

(in reply to farisnt)
Post #: 3
RE: How to Installing Another Exchange Server in Anothe... - 13.Dec.2006 10:13:45 AM   
farisnt

OK
so simply install the exchange on another location and select when installing Additional Exchange Server ( not New Exchange installation )
but there is some thing you have the think about
the replication .
data store and public folder and other thing will also take a lot of your Bandwidth
so you have to configure the public folder replication when there is no internet request ( or connection )

I have this answer but I did not try it .. hopfully other can share me this

1 - creat a new Administrative Group in the main Exchange server and name it as (brunshes)
2 - install the exchange on the remote site as additional exchange server for the main exchange server..
while the installation process, the setup will prompte you to select on which admin group you want to install the exchange on .. select the newlly created group (brunshes) and finish the installation ..
move the mailboxes for users in the brunsh office from the Main Exchange server to the new exchange server .. this will make the new exchange server, the server for the request for these users .. so sending message locally will not effect the bandwidth.. and also every Mail users going to send to the internet will be redirected to the main server .

this is the answer .. hopfully other members can help

Have a nice day

(in reply to Broncos)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> How to Installing Another Exchange Server in Another Location? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter