• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

SBS 2k3 Exchange initial setup

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> SBS 2k3 Exchange initial setup Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
SBS 2k3 Exchange initial setup - 12.Dec.2006 5:40:22 AM   
weerluis

Hi

I'm new here and new to exchange, can anyone help me setup exchange 2k3, It is by default installed when you install SBS 2k3. How do I set it up further? I 've got a domain "domain.co.za" and the internal domain is corp.domain.co.za (not registered)- I did it like this for the vpn. The emails are something@domain.co.za. I want exchange to queue the mail for me and provide a centralized contact list and tasks/calledar. Could you please assist?

The pop connecter; is it where you add the external pop3 accounts? Will IIS and SMTP be installed by default?
Where can I set the internal email domain to be the external domain? it is now something@corp.domain.co.za i want it something@domain.co.za. Is it possible?

How do i setup my outlook accounts? do i use the servers ip as the pop3 and smtp servers or what?
And what username and password do you use? windows login?

Sorry for this but i'm use to mercury mail.

I would be very greatful if someone can help me!!!!
Thanx
Gerrit
Post #: 1
RE: SBS 2k3 Exchange initial setup - 12.Dec.2006 7:24:43 AM   
pjhutch

1. POP3 connector is used to connect to your ISP's mail server to download mail.
2. IIS and SMTP is not installed by default. Use either Manage Your Server wizard to add additional components or Add/Remove Windows Components.
3. Accounts are created using Active Directory Users and Computers and the Exchange Management tools.
4. Use Recipient Policy to define email addresses in Exchange Manager.
5. Select Microsoft Exchange when setting up Outlook profiles for direct access to mailboxes (this is called MAPI).
6. Use the server's name to access mailboxes when using Outlook and Exchange.
7. Yes, use windows domain usernames and password for access.

(in reply to weerluis)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> SBS 2k3 Exchange initial setup Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter