• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

IMF won't update

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> IMF won't update Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
IMF won't update - 18.Dec.2006 11:38:09 AM   
iihay

Hi,
I am having some significant difficulties with IMF in SBS2003 R2. This was running just fine until a few weeks ago and I can't work out the problem!
I pickup my incoming email from a pop server using MAPIlabs Native Pop connector which uses a smarthost to filter the email into the normal exchange system.
When I installed R2 and switched on the IMF spam emails were filtering properly but for the last few weeks it hasn't filtered anything. No settings have changed and I think the problem is a particular update which is not installing. Everytime I login to the server WSUS notifies me I have an update to install for IMF. Using Microsoft update tells me the same. Everytime it appears to install correctly but a little bit later (hours not days) the update is back again. I followed directions in the Microsoft knowledge base to try and remove the latest update and manually roll back to a previous one by registering the dll individually but this does not help.
Currently after a supposed installation of the update I have the following on my system in Prog Files/Bin/Exchsvr/MSCVF2 (names may be slightly out - typing from memory)

6.5.7875.0 folder containing: dll and dat file dll version 6.5.7875.0 dat version 6.5.4707.1050

6.5.7882.0 containing : dll version 6.5.7882.0 same dat as above

In the root folder the versions are the same as 6.5.7882.0 above

In the registry under local machine software ... KB907747 the version of the update is listed as 2006.11.09 and an entry in the key for filelist 0 under this key lists the version as 6.5.7882.0

I hope this helps some kind person understand my problem and perhaps point me in the correct direction. Longer term I will run my own mail server but for other reasons I need to use the pop option for now. Thanks in advance for the help! Please excuse any lack of information or obvious things missing, I am a newbie with Exchange so any blindingly obvious things I need to post may not be so obvious from where I am and Googling the subject is just serving to confuse me more!
Cheers
Iain
--
Director
Hiltrain Ltd
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> IMF won't update Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter