• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

E-mails are not coming. And a strange sync issue.

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General >> E-mails are not coming. And a strange sync issue. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
E-mails are not coming. And a strange sync issue. - 19.Dec.2006 8:31:12 AM   
mywifeisdead

Hi there. Yesterday afternoon one of the users here stopped receiving e-mails from other servers. There are no problems with the local e-mails, but when something is sent from outside it's not coming. Yesterday evening I sent a few test e-mails and one of them arrived a few hours ago. Everything else didn't. By the same time this started to happen some sync issues started to appear. Here's one of them:

11:39:22 Synchronizing server changes in folder 'Deleted Items'
11:39:22 Downloading from server 'xxxxxxxxxxx'
11:39:22 Error synchronizing folder
11:39:22                 [80004005-501-FFFFF9BF-560]
11:39:22                 The client operation failed.
11:39:22                 Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store
11:39:22                 For more information on this failure, click the URL below:
11:39:22 Done
11:39:22 Microsoft Exchange offline address book
11:39:22 Download successful

This happens with "Deleted Items", "Inbox", "sent items" and "my folder". Of course the link is not working, and I couldn't find anything useful when I searched in the MSKB and google. The only useful thing I could find was that it might be a DB corruption. How can I find out what it is? Can it be fixed? Does anyone have any suggestions?

Addon: A SPAM e-mail just arrived. It's first for the day, when usually 10-15 SPAMs comes daily.

< Message edited by mywifeisdead -- 19.Dec.2006 8:47:10 AM >

(Please, excuse my bad English)

I have 10% luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated power of will, 5% pleasure, 50% pain...
This makes 100% reason to remember my name...
Post #: 1
RE: E-mails are not coming. And a strange sync issue. - 21.Dec.2006 8:50:07 AM   
Psiphon

Hi,
You don't specify the version of Outlook, early versions (2000) had a max size of 2GB above this it became corrupted and behaved erratically.
Best thing to do is rename the OST and then create a new one and resynch with that.
If there is an issue with the size then immediatley archive to a pst to reduce the size.

Some tools and info that you might find usefull.

http://www.slipstick.com/problems/repair2gbpst.htm

(in reply to mywifeisdead)
Post #: 2
RE: E-mails are not coming. And a strange sync issue. - 22.Dec.2006 3:43:35 AM   
mywifeisdead

Oh! How stupid of me. I have MS Exchange 2000 Server and the user uses Outlook 2003. There are no more sync issues, and e-mails arrive, but the user sais that there might be still missing mails, and message sent at 9AM is received at 11AM. Outlook version 2003 and the mailbox size is 1.3 GB (that's what Exchange System Manager shows). So I don't know. It seems fine for now.

(Please, excuse my bad English)

I have 10% luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated power of will, 5% pleasure, 50% pain...
This makes 100% reason to remember my name...

(in reply to Psiphon)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General >> E-mails are not coming. And a strange sync issue. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter