• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Exchange 2000 and dcpromo

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General >> Exchange 2000 and dcpromo Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Exchange 2000 and dcpromo - 21.Dec.2006 12:55:26 PM   
espigle

It appears I didn't do all the homework I should have done before doing what I did.  We have two domain controllers on our domain--one hosted our Exchange 2000 Standard server.  I just recently demoted the DC which contained our Exchange 2000 install.  I did this without removing exchange or moving any of the mail contents off the server.  Big "oops" on my part.  While email does still work, there are a lot of little issues here and there.  For one, whenever I add a new account to Active Directory, it won't add an email account even though I specifiy to and it acts like it's going to.  We also have some issues with OWA (it works, but not entirely properly) and we have some other issues with our Global Address List.  All in all we're not in a state of total shutdown, but we're in a world of hurt.

My question is--what steps would be best to take to repair things and get the Exchagne server working properly again given what I have done by demoting it to just a member server now?  Thanks for any help or advice to reinstate this server to its full proper working funtion in our domain having pulled my stupid move.
Post #: 1
RE: Exchange 2000 and dcpromo - 22.Dec.2006 9:14:48 AM   
Psiphon

Hi,

Have you checked that the Recipient update service is pointing to the remaining DC.
Is the remaining DC hosting all of the FSMO's and is it a GC ?

Regards

(in reply to espigle)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General >> Exchange 2000 and dcpromo Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter