• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Exchange 2003 to 2007 RTM Transiton Problems

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Migration >> Exchange 2003 to 2007 RTM Transiton Problems Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Exchange 2003 to 2007 RTM Transiton Problems - 30.Dec.2006 4:55:28 PM   
rcrawford@scci.com

First off I will say the docmentation was good for a single forest to single forest up to the point of removing the Exchange 2003 Server then it sucks.I have all users moved and public folders but there is nothing about how to remove the Routing Connectors between the 2 servers properly and also removing the Exchange 2003 Server from the domain properly. It tells you all you would ever want to know on how to create the Routing connectors but not how to get rid of the connectors. Is there any more documentation on that out here somewhere on this?

If I go to uninstall Exchange 2003 it says that the Exchange 2007 server is connected to the Bridgehead server i.e the Exchange 2003 box and can not uninstall. If I delete the Routing connector between the 2 under 2003 Management it still says that this link is there so that stops me on that issue as I can not find on the Exchange 2007 box where to get rid of the Routing connector between the 2 servers. Also says there are still mailboxes on the Exchange 2003 Server. I have moved them all but if I do a search of AD for Mailboxes by server I get a list of email groups within AD as still being on the Exchange 2003 server and you get that error.Thanks for any help

Roger Crawford
HTS
Post #: 1
RE: Exchange 2003 to 2007 RTM Transiton Problems - 3.Jan.2007 2:22:46 AM   
Henrik Walther

You delete the routing group connector using the Exchange 2003 System Manager, remember to delete it both under the First Routing Group and the Exchange routing Group. When you done do you can uninstall the Exchange 2003 server using the Exchange 2003 uninstall program, but bear in mind that you must change assign the RUS to the Exchange 2007 server before this is possible.

HTH
Henrik Walther
Lead Moderator/author
MSExchange.org

Follow me on Twitter!

(in reply to rcrawford@scci.com)
Post #: 2
RE: Exchange 2003 to 2007 RTM Transiton Problems - 3.Jan.2007 9:38:07 PM   
rcrawford@scci.com

Ok I had figured out you had to use the Command Line Shell to get rid of the Connector off the Exchange 2007 box and then used Exchange 2003 Management for the other from it to the 07 box. Still wouldn't let me uninstall the Exchange 2k3 box so I manually deleted Exchange 2003 off and then cleaned AD. Then got mail flow working and that was good. Now we have to move the users to the permanet server as the current 07 box is temporary. So I got that server built and Exchange 2007 install on that with no issues and tested moved a user from the temp to the main one and get this error any ideas? Thanks for your help

Roger Crawford
HTS

"Summary: 1 item(s). 0 succeeded, 1 failed.
Elapsed time: 00:00:49

Administrator
Failed
Error:
The mailbox has been moved, but an unexpected error occurred while trying to apply policies or clean source mailbox: An Exchange 2007 server on which an address list service is active cannot be found.
An Exchange 2007 server on which an address list service is active cannot be found.

Error:
A dump is being generated.
An Exchange 2007 server on which an address list service is active cannot be found.

Exchange Management Shell command attempted:
'6c531833-4216-4394-b557-edea48cb5abf' | move-mailbox -TargetDatabase 'CN=Mailbox Database,CN=First Storage Group,CN=InformationStore,CN=EXCHANGE,CN=Servers,CN=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT),CN=Administrative Groups,CN=Tri-Center Schools,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=tri-center,DC=k12,DC=ia,DC=us'
Elapsed Time: 00:00:49

(in reply to Henrik Walther)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Migration >> Exchange 2003 to 2007 RTM Transiton Problems Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter