• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

No connection to new Exchange server

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> No connection to new Exchange server Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
No connection to new Exchange server - 3.Jan.2007 6:06:51 PM   
yguelce

I just had to reinstall exchange in my organization. Everything was deleted from the AD and the machines (Windows wasn't reinstall) and reinstalled Exchange on both machines (2 node cluster active/passive) Everything seems to be running fine. I can recreate storage groups and mailbox stores. However, when I try to access an account via outlook, I can't find the server. i tried with the ip access of the server  and no response. Please lets me what i have done wrong. 

In add't, I noticed when i create the network name resource, it enable Kerberos authentication automatically after creating the system attendant. 

Please help with any suggestions.

Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: No connection to new Exchange server - 4.Jan.2007 5:03:18 AM   
mark@mvps.org

Were there any users who were mail enabled?
The "everything was deleted from AD" doesn't make a lot of sense since you can't actually remove Exchange from the Schema.
See; http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Remove-Exchange-server-entire-Exchange-organization.html and take it all back to bare metal and install a single server (you should have a FE if you have a cluster so put a mailbox on that first before you install the cluster and see what you get then)

Mark Arnold (Exchange MVP)
List Moderator

(in reply to yguelce)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> No connection to new Exchange server Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter