• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Migrating from exchange 5.5 to exchange 2003 :)D

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Migrating from exchange 5.5 to exchange 2003 :)D Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Migrating from exchange 5.5 to exchange 2003 :)D - 10.Jan.2007 8:56:48 PM   
ag07

Hello
Impossible? NO, but at the moment,  I have NT 4.0 and exchange 5.5 all in a PDC
I need help to solve this I want migrate mi server NT 4.0 and exchenge 5.5 by standar path  as Microsoft recommends"  to new server W2K3/EX2003  actualy as member server and administrative account. the DNS server  only with my ISP.
I put myself to follow the steps previous to assure the good migration, doubles inbox, hidden etc...
I am using wizard of the CD, option coexistence  5.5  to 2003 
and in the passage of Forestprep it marks an error:"The Componet "Microsoft Echange Forest preparation" cannot be assigned the action "Foretprep" because:-Setup encountered an error  while trying to contact the Windows Active Directory.The error Was:-Failed to look up the windos site  to which this computer belongs. Please verify that your computer and the domain controller designated as the schema master use the  same preferred DNS server; that your computer is configured with correct site information and is in a Windows doman where the domain controler is reachable." all the step is ok but in the step Forest prep i have that error. it already modifies the DNS in TCPIP protocol  and install a  new DNS server  and is the same error. thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: Migrating from exchange 5.5 to exchange 2003 :)D - 11.Jan.2007 9:41:50 AM   
jchong

How did you build your pristine Win2k3 Forest, was it configured correctly, is DNS configured correctly? Any errors in your win2k3 dc event log?

James Chong (MVP)
MCSE | M+, S+, MCTS, Security+
msexchangetips.blogspot.com

(in reply to ag07)
Post #: 2
RE: Migrating from exchange 5.5 to exchange 2003 :)D - 1.Feb.2007 8:39:05 AM   
macphreak4evr

you do know that NT4 can not run Exch2k3, and Exch2k3 requires Active Directory. dont think of updating your exsisting server to 2003, as 5.5 does not run on it.

build a new box with 2003 server, install Active directory then try the process again, there is a little check box that you fill out along the way for a co-exsistance server, with the Active directory connector, which allows the old server to talk with the new one/visa versa

poH 'Iq Danatlhbe'meH chu'wI' yI'uy. nejmeH chu'wI' yIwIvQo'.

(in reply to jchong)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Migrating from exchange 5.5 to exchange 2003 :)D Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter