• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

How to Setup another exchange server 2003 in another location using one domain name?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> How to Setup another exchange server 2003 in another location using one domain name? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to Setup another exchange server 2003 in another lo... - 19.Jan.2007 1:31:25 AM   
chenboly

Dear All,
I am a new here a also in exchange implementation. I have a problem to installing 2 exchange server using 1 domain in a different location.
My Scenario:
-My head office (A) have 2K3 Server running as DC and I have another 2k3 server join to this domain and install exchange server 2k3 on this server, the exchange server is working well in the Head Office.

-Now I have another office (Brand Office B) and I have connected from both office through the VPN coonection, now I want to install another one exchange server at Brand Office using the same domain as Head Office and use the Exchange server in head office as a exchange gateway (mean that: if a user want to send email to outside from brand office, their email must go through exchange server in head office first.).

My questions is:
1- How can I connect my exchange in brand office to the Head Office?
2- Does I need to setup a server at Brand Office as Addtional domain connect to the head office?

If someone know how to configure step by step please explane,
Your explaination and answer is hightly appreciated.

Thanks you so much.
Best Regards;
BL
Post #: 1
RE: How to Setup another exchange server 2003 in anothe... - 19.Jan.2007 2:00:47 PM   
WRAiTHY

As long as you have the VPN and both offices are in the same forest (domains dont matter here), you can just install exchange 2003 in office B and make sure it joins the existing forest. Make sure you have a routing group setup between the 2 sites and the mail coming into @yourdomain.com will be routed accordingly between the servers. You will also need a separate AD Controller at office B.

the other thing you can do is set up the users in office B on your office A servers and have them access their email via OWA or Outlook over the VPN. If the VPN link is stable and has plenty of bandwidth, you dont need a second server in office B. If the link is latent, then you should have a 2nd Exchange server AND Active Directory Controller on the 2nd site.

(in reply to chenboly)
Post #: 2
RE: How to Setup another exchange server 2003 in anothe... - 21.Jan.2007 10:15:30 PM   
chenboly

Thanks so much Wraithy, our situation we need 2 exchange server in both office, because our internet connection is not stable. my understanding, you mean that I has to have server in Office B and join to domain controller in office A and setup exchange server 2003 on that server, right?
And what I don't understand is:
<Make sure you have a routing group setup between the 2 sites and the mail coming into @yourdomain.com will be routed accordingly between the servers. You will also need a separate AD Controller at office B.>

It's very appreciated, if you have any step or document.

Regards;
BL

(in reply to WRAiTHY)
Post #: 3
RE: How to Setup another exchange server 2003 in anothe... - 22.Jan.2007 2:10:40 PM   
WRAiTHY

if you join the server in site B to Site A, then you dont need a routing group since they will be in the same routing group. I was thinking you would create a 2nd site for site B.

You should have a Domain Controller AND an Exchange server in site B, especially if you have a connection between A and B that is not stable. I dont have a step by step guide but you can browse the articles and tutorials here at msexchange.org or at microsoft.com and you should find what you need.

(in reply to chenboly)
Post #: 4
RE: How to Setup another exchange server 2003 in anothe... - 22.Jan.2007 8:46:05 PM   
chenboly

Thanks you so much, I will try to do that. onemore question, if the exchange server in site A down and then the exchange server in site B still work right? but all user in site B cannot send/recieve an email from outside right?

thanks again.
BL

(in reply to WRAiTHY)
Post #: 5
RE: How to Setup another exchange server 2003 in anothe... - 23.Jan.2007 8:20:19 AM   
simatar

Hello! I have an existing exchange server 2003 and install new server a in a fresh install manner not as an additional server. Now i have a problem in new exchange server when i move mailbox from old server. Incoming email is not received but outgoing is OK. Is it a routing group problem. and when the mailbox reside in the new exchange server i cannot create an outlook profile. it says exchange server unavailable....

really need your help please... thank you

(in reply to chenboly)
Post #: 6
RE: How to Setup another exchange server 2003 in anothe... - 23.Jan.2007 12:48:01 PM   
WRAiTHY

That is correct. If the Exchange server in site A is down, since that is the bridgehead, there will be no mail traffic between the outside or Site A and Site B. If you have a smarthost (gateway smtp server) then you can route mail between the 2 servers separately and Site B can have outside incoming and outgoing and local (site B) traffic if the site A server is down. The reverse is true with a gateway smtp server, Site A can function independently of Site B.

(in reply to simatar)
Post #: 7
RE: How to Setup another exchange server 2003 in anothe... - 23.Jan.2007 12:48:51 PM   
WRAiTHY

Simatar....you need to start a new thread with your questions and not hijack this one. Thanks

(in reply to WRAiTHY)
Post #: 8
Mailflow problem on two exchange servers - 23.Jan.2007 8:31:01 PM   
simatar

my mistake sorry for that...WRAiTHY

Hello! I have an existing exchange server 2003 and install new server a in a fresh install manner not as an additional server. Now i have a problem in new exchange server when i move mailbox from old server. Incoming email is not received but outgoing is OK. Is it a routing group problem? and when the mailbox resides in the new exchange server i cannot create an outlook profile. it says exchange server unavailable....

really need your help please... thank you

(in reply to WRAiTHY)
Post #: 9
RE: Mailflow problem on two exchange servers - 24.Jan.2007 11:59:44 AM   
WRAiTHY

simatar....you need to go to the top of the forum list and then post a NEW question thread there. Posting in this thread will only get your message lost in the discussion.

(in reply to simatar)
Post #: 10
RE: Mailflow problem on two exchange servers - 25.Jan.2007 1:37:35 AM   
simatar

done that already...WRAiTHY.....thanks....

(in reply to WRAiTHY)
Post #: 11

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> How to Setup another exchange server 2003 in another location using one domain name? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter