• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Configuring exchange for blackberry

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Message Routing >> Configuring exchange for blackberry Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Configuring exchange for blackberry - 22.Jan.2007 9:29:44 AM   
leastcmplicated

I'm not really sure how to do this and I cannot seem to find any good information on it.  An employee just got a blackberry and wants to get work email on it.  I've enabled POP3 on the exchange server but i'm not sure how to get it to work with the blackberry.  Please help! thanks!
Post #: 1
RE: Configuring exchange for blackberry - 24.Jan.2007 1:20:32 PM   
WRAiTHY

I take it this employee of yours has a blackberry e-mail plan with his cell provider? You need a blackberry server to provide exchange functionality to the blackberry in your org as exchange can't connect directly with it. If you use OMA, you need to have a Windows Mobile powered phone.

If your employee just got a blackberry with no provider, then they cant get your corporate mail sent to that blackberry. Most providers have some sort of blackberry connectivity plan and their processes for getting to corp mail differ so you may want to call that person's provider.

(in reply to leastcmplicated)
Post #: 2
RE: Configuring blackberry for Exchange - 24.Jan.2007 5:14:28 PM   
de.blackman

What you can do is create a contact in active directory with his blackberry email address. Then on his active directory user account, in the exchange advanced tab --> delivery options, select to forward mail to the contact you created for his blackberry email address.

Ibrahim Benna - Microsoft Exchange MVP
Forum Moderator
Navantis
@IbrahimBenna

(in reply to WRAiTHY)
Post #: 3
RE: Configuring blackberry for Exchange - 24.Jan.2007 5:29:13 PM   
WRAiTHY

Since your user is most likely already an AD member, you can apply the same methods de.blackman specified to his AD account instead of creating a contact to get e-mail to him. Make sure you select the option to also leave the e-mail on the exchange server as well. Keep in mind that he will not be able to respond to the e-mails he gets directly as if he were on your corporate network as he will be using his cell provider's email system and not your exchange server.

(in reply to de.blackman)
Post #: 4
RE: Configuring blackberry for Exchange - 26.Jan.2007 2:11:46 AM   
inu

Actually Blackberry has 2 services, below :

1. Blackberry Enterprise Server

You must have a Server that act as Blackberry Enterprise server, Blackberry
Service Provider (like me in Indonesia is Indosat that working together with Starhub Singapore) will give you a software called Blackberry Enterprise server.

You just joint that server as member of your domain, put your exchange server on it, and It will work. This Server will automatically send all your email account that you specified in this server as a members of Blackberry enabled to Blackberry service provider through the Internet, and Blackberry service provider will distribute those email to Blackberry Handset.

2. Blackberry Personal

You have to create a new email account on your blackberry service provider website (for me is : https://webclient.ap.blackberry.net/WebMail/Login.jsp?locale=en&site=starhub),
please ask you Blackberry Service Provider for this information.

This email account has a mailbox that you can use as POP3 connector to take the others email account, you just put your email configuration in it, and It will take all others email periodecally and send to the Blackberry Handheld.

If you have more than 5 people I prefer BES.

Thank you,

Inu

(in reply to WRAiTHY)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Message Routing >> Configuring exchange for blackberry Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter