• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Help needed with Exchange Restore

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Help needed with Exchange Restore Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Help needed with Exchange Restore - 28.Jan.2007 9:56:07 AM   
paulstainton

Hi, Can anyone offer any advice?

I am working with a server with Exchange Server 2003 installed.

The partition on this server for C: is too small and I want to use the entire array for C: and I have ready to go a new array for data.

If I am forced to delete the array and rebuild it in order to gain all of the disk space for C: then what is the best way to recover.

I have backed up the C:, Information store, My Docs, System State as in a normal Shadow Copy. The data has been replicated to the new array.

Should I re-install using the /disaster recovery switch?
Or can I do a first part server installation and then restore from my backup?
Or should I install the the entire Exchange OS complete and then do a restore?

Any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated

Regards
Paul
Post #: 1
RE: Help needed with Exchange Restore - 29.Jan.2007 8:34:32 AM   
macphreak4evr

ouch, dont nuke it yet,

download a demo of this software from symantec, its called backup exec system recovery, it takes a ghost style image of the entire system while its running (store it on a nas or san or anywhere you have space,

then verify it took, nuke the server and re create the partitions the way you need, then re copy the image back , it will ask where you want what, so get your drive letters in order, but it always finds everything ok.

this software kicks butt. check it out

http://www.symantec.com/smb/products/overview.jsp?pcid=bu_rec&pvid=lsrsvr30

poH 'Iq Danatlhbe'meH chu'wI' yI'uy. nejmeH chu'wI' yIwIvQo'.

(in reply to paulstainton)
Post #: 2
RE: Help needed with Exchange Restore - 29.Jan.2007 2:53:13 PM   
paulstainton

Thanks for the reply..

I have sort of solved my problem. Partly using Diskpart,exe and partly using two bits of software from two other partition software providers.

I used Diskpart to delete the Logical Drive in the extended partition
Diskpart will not allow you to extend C: [ The boot drive ] into the free space.

I then used one of these two bits of software to delete the extended partiton and create a new extended partition and formatted it.

Then I used the other bit of software to resize the C: partiton into the extended partition.

Serveral reboots later all is well, apart from a small extended partiton of 15mb
This I can hide.

I then changed the new Raid array to D: and all is well

I am reluctant to name the providers as they are in business to make money, but these providers do have current software intended for personal use but it will not load onto Server 2003. Their server products are expensive for single use operation. If you do this type of work all the time, then they might be worth the investment. 

The software I used are old versions [pre 2003] which for some reason loaded OK. One came free with a magazine.

Regards
Paul

(in reply to macphreak4evr)
Post #: 3
RE: Help needed with Exchange Restore - 30.Jun.2015 6:55:05 AM   
ruthqmiller

Whenever Exchange database got corrupted then Exchange EDB file became damaged or not accessible then there is only one thing that how to recover damaged Exchange EDB file and convert into PST format ? In this situation getting help of most reliable and successive EDB to PST **** software through which you can successfully repair damaged EDB file and completely get back Exchange mailbox data into workable PST file without any obstruction.

Go through: http://www.****/edb-to-pst-****.html
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Help needed with Exchange Restore Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter