• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Exchange 2000 & DST Time change?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General >> Exchange 2000 & DST Time change? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Exchange 2000 & DST Time change? - 30.Jan.2007 4:10:20 PM   
dgore

I was just informed by Microsoft that the HOTFIX for Exchange 2000 was going to cost me $4000.  Has anyone come up with any alternative methods to fix this?
Post #: 1
RE: Exchange 2000 & DST Time change? - 30.Jan.2007 5:56:13 PM   
jassyca

umm.. the DST Time change? You mean this one?

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/timezone/dst2007.mspx

It says the fix for Exchange 2000 SP1 will be available by February. Are you saying you need it sooner than that? (er.. why would you need it sooner?)

< Message edited by jassyca -- 30.Jan.2007 5:59:57 PM >

(in reply to dgore)
Post #: 2
RE: Exchange 2000 & DST Time change? - 31.Jan.2007 8:53:09 AM   
dgore

I didn't mention anything about when I needed it so I don't understand your reply.  I just got off the phone with Microsoft.  It is available right now.  What I did say is that the hotfix is going to cost $4000.  Microsoft is not doing it for free.  I was inquiring if there were other third party work arounds for this that might be cheaper.

(in reply to dgore)
Post #: 3
RE: Exchange 2000 & DST Time change? - 31.Jan.2007 9:25:09 AM   
jassyca

Riiiight..

Good luck with your search. Me, I think I'm gonna wait until February 28th, 11:59pm, and if the update isn't on Windows Update like Microsoft said it would be in the article I posted, THEN I'll believe you.

(in reply to dgore)
Post #: 4
RE: Exchange 2000 & DST Time change? - 31.Jan.2007 10:37:33 AM   
dgore

I wish you luck.  I think you are making a mistake to wait that long.  This is not going to be a simple hotfix.  This fix actually has to go thru the entire database and make changes. to the records.

The article you pointed out states the following:

Microsoft Exchange Server 2000/Exchange Conferencing Server 2000: Updates are available now. Exchange Server 2000 is under Extended Support. Customers with Extended Hotfix Support Agreements (EHSAs) can request hotfixes through their Technical Account Managers.

The February 1st date is for the Exchange 2003 fix.  It will be free.  The reason the 2000 fix costs $4000 dollars is Exchange 2000 is no longer under regular support.  It is under extended support.

You can call Microsoft and ask them right now and I bet you get the same answer I got yesterday.

(in reply to dgore)
Post #: 5
RE: Exchange 2000 & DST Time change? - 7.Feb.2007 4:33:08 PM   
mauricej74

I agree with dgore, that is way too long to wait.  For what its worth, we're facing the same dilema, and I called MS to ask about it and was told the same thing... $4000 without an extended hotfix support contract.

We were planning to upgrade Exchange laster this year, but we're definately not going to be forced into upgrading in a month or so.

I was told the hotfix also patches Windows 2000 servers, but heck, they even published a manual method to patch Windows 2000 via the registry.  Thats why I can't believe (actually, I can believe) they're not making the fix for Ex2k available.   Or at least tell us how we can manually update the tables.

(in reply to dgore)
Post #: 6
RE: Exchange 2000 & DST Time change? - 7.Feb.2007 5:30:22 PM   
dgore

Here is something to look into.  I found out that most of our licenses were purchased with software assurance.  I didn't think that mattered because it had already expired and hadn't been renewed.  But because it was valid after Exchange 2003 was available I am still elgible to upgrade these licenses for free.  My Exchange Server software also fell under this.  Out of 320 user licenses I now only have to buy 150.  This is going to cost me less than paying the $4000 for this fix. 

Also 2003 licenses are no longer available so they give you 2007 licenses and then you have to fall back to 2003 so I am set for the future as well.  Email this guy and ask him about it...
Ryan.Douglas@Softchoice

He wasn't even my regular reseller and he helped me out tremendously.  My regular reseller was telling me I had to rebuy everything.

(in reply to dgore)
Post #: 7
RE: Exchange 2000 & DST Time change? - 7.Feb.2007 5:32:59 PM   
dgore

Something cut that address off it is:

Ryan.Douglas@Softchoice.com

(in reply to dgore)
Post #: 8

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General >> Exchange 2000 & DST Time change? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter