• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

OWA multiple AD domains login issuse

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> OWA multiple AD domains login issuse Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
OWA multiple AD domains login issuse - 31.Jan.2007 5:13:22 PM   
doohder

I have multiple active directory domains. I can create email accounts and login to owa only with abc.com say I connect to xyz.abc.com and create and exchange task I can not log into owa as xyz.abc.com\testuser Then when I go to system manager and look at the mailbox store it shows that the mailbox wasn't even created even though I created it. Its kinda goofy and all I can find for information is on multiple smtp domains which is easy. I just having issues with AD domains! uggh! help please ! thank you!
Post #: 1
RE: OWA multiple AD domains login issuse - 1.Feb.2007 7:29:38 AM   
pjhutch

A mailbox is not created in the information store unless it has received at least one message. Try sending a test message to the mailbox and then it will appear in Exchange Manager.
This is to prevent wasted space in the store until a mailbox gets used.

(in reply to doohder)
Post #: 2
RE: OWA multiple AD domains login issuse - 1.Feb.2007 11:08:09 AM   
de.blackman

To add on to what pjhutch was saying, a mailbox is created for a user but only get initialized when the user logs on to the mailbox or when the mailbox receives an email.

The issue you are having is because you have multiple SMTP domains. By default OWA will allow users to logon only if they have the address identified as the primary address in the recipient policy.

Open exchange system manager and drill down the administrative group to your server in question. Expand the protocols folder -> HTTP and open the properties of Exchange directory. On the first tab, it shows you the SMTP address that a user MUST have in order to log on to OWA. If your accounts do not have an address from this domain, you can either add it or create a new directory for example called OWA and use a different SMTP domain for it. Then the users will log on to OWA using http://serveraddress/OWA instead of http://serveraddress/exchange

Ibrahim Benna - Microsoft Exchange MVP
Forum Moderator
Navantis
@IbrahimBenna

(in reply to pjhutch)
Post #: 3
RE: OWA multiple AD domains login issuse - 1.Feb.2007 11:54:48 AM   
doohder

I guess I got some studying to do on the whole smtp domains vs AD domains. What if my ad domains are different names then my registered smtp domains. I am kinda confused on what login they will use say there smtp domain is domainabc.com and there active directory domain is just abc.com. When setting this up will they use the abc.com\username or domainabc.com\username. I would assume they would use there ad domain info.

< Message edited by doohder -- 1.Feb.2007 12:11:18 PM >

(in reply to doohder)
Post #: 4
RE: OWA multiple AD domains login issuse - 1.Feb.2007 12:21:50 PM   
de.blackman

that is correct. They will log on using their ADdomain\username. I think a better understanding of your environment is required.

How many AD domains do you have? How many SMTP domain addresses are you using? Can you just give us a quick run down on your environment please.

Forum Moderator
Navantis
@IbrahimBenna

(in reply to doohder)
Post #: 5
RE: OWA multiple AD domains login issuse - 1.Feb.2007 2:01:52 PM   
doohder

I the smtp domain part is easy I have understood that for quite a long time. Its the AD stuff that is messing me up but I came accross why I can't log in to other domains it is the Recipient Update Service. It didn't have my other domain listed in there so I added them in now I have a new problem that I am studying that is event id 8270 exchange al error 32 insuffient rights. It sucks seems to be a permissions error between my domains.

(in reply to doohder)
Post #: 6
RE: OWA multiple AD domains login issuse - 1.Feb.2007 3:12:51 PM   
de.blackman

In a multi-AD domain environment, if you have users spread across these domains, you have to run DomainPrep in each domain that will contain user accounts that will have mailboxes on the Exchange Server. In addition you have to Create another Recipient Update Service (RUS) for that domain. What do you mean when you said:

quote:

It didn't have my other domain listed in there so I added them in
??

Do you mean you added another RUS for that domain?

Forum Moderator
Navantis
@IbrahimBenna

(in reply to doohder)
Post #: 7
RE: OWA multiple AD domains login issuse - 2.Feb.2007 12:24:06 AM   
doohder

Thats exactly it and after I added them in I tried to update and rebuild by right clicking thats when I got events in my event viewer for exchange AL service error 32 which is something to do with insufficent permissions. I am tryin to study common causes of this error. I am not in the office right now but later ill copy the exact error it logs for every domain to on the exchange server only.

(in reply to doohder)
Post #: 8
RE: OWA multiple AD domains login issuse - 16.Mar.2007 6:21:00 PM   
nkporte

I have a similar issue. Mine is a parent domain with five child domains. Everyone in the parent can log onto OWA without any problems. The folks in the child domain are getting 500 Internal Error. Before, they were receiving page cannot be displayed.

Background:
I have a single FE with a single BE. I upgraded my backend last week and rebuilt my FE from scratch (twice now).
I ran forestprep and connected to DCs in each of the child domains to run domainprep.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

(in reply to doohder)
Post #: 9
RE: OWA multiple AD domains login issuse - 2.Aug.2007 9:19:46 AM   
giulitn

Hi, maybe my problem is related to yours.
I have a BE FE Exchange 2003 SP2 EE on Windows 2003 SP1.
My AD domain is ABC.
This exchange hosts also internet domain (what you call SMTP domain) xyz.com and so on.
The doamin has several UPN suffix so they can log also in AD using user@xyz.com

I can log on to OWA either with ABC\user either user@xyz.com.

The problem appears whrn the users try to change their password; the could only do if the use ABC as realm and not xyz.com as realm.
Any idea?

< Message edited by giulitn -- 2.Aug.2007 9:21:00 AM >

(in reply to de.blackman)
Post #: 10

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> OWA multiple AD domains login issuse Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter