• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Need to re-install Exchange server

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Need to re-install Exchange server Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Need to re-install Exchange server - 31.Jan.2007 11:07:28 PM   
acoronasz72

I currently have an exchange 2003 server on Windows Small Business Server but it is having lots of problems. Services are continuosly dying and have to re-start the server. I'm thinking on re-installing the server from scratch but I'd like to be able to keep the user accounts, mail boxes , calendar and address books.
I don't want to just backup the whole server and then restore it since I'm assuming the installation is already corrupted and so re-storing the whole backup will once againa cause the problems. So is there a way I can just back up the data I need and restore it on a fresh installation?

Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Need to re-install Exchange server - 1.Feb.2007 2:03:43 AM   
naveenkaran.sr

We can take 2 types of Backups, Exchange User mail boxes and exchange Storage Database.

Exchange user mail box backup can be taken by Exmerge utility and create the PST of each user account and after fresh installation we can restore the PST backup to user mail box.

Exchange Storage Database backup is through system state backup we can taken the exchange store backup (Database NTDS.DIT).

(in reply to acoronasz72)
Post #: 2
RE: Need to re-install Exchange server - 1.Feb.2007 8:41:18 AM   
macphreak4evr

you can also copy the edb's and logs and reinstall then fire it up

poH 'Iq Danatlhbe'meH chu'wI' yI'uy. nejmeH chu'wI' yIwIvQo'.

(in reply to naveenkaran.sr)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Need to re-install Exchange server Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter