Looking for an Exchange 2003 archiving solution... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Exchange Server Misc] >> 3rd Party Add-ons

vfxraven19 -> Looking for an Exchange 2003 archiving solution... (1.Mar.2007 2:24:43 PM)

Hi all, I'm new here, but I figured you guys and the valuable resources at MSExchange,org could help me out.

Our company is running an Exchange 2003 Enterprise SP2 cluster (email Db is connected via fiber channel to a SAN). We are looking for a solution to autoarchive our users' email (seamless and silently), store that mail in a seperate PST or Db file (possibly on another SAN partition on the Exchange Server), and also ALLOW the user to retrieved archived email if they were to search or try to access it when they have their Outlook client open (if they look for an email, the software will intelligently point exchange to the container w/ archived email, does this make sense?). We are looking for a solution that will be invisible to the end users. We also want to keep the PST management to a minimum and the user should be able to pull email w/o attaching any PSTs or addons into their outlook.

I have not been able to research for this thoroughly (since I am just looking at what's out there currently). Do any of you chaps have any recommendations? Thanks, Mark.

flowcom1 -> RE: Looking for an Exchange 2003 archiving solution... (1.Mar.2007 2:39:50 PM)

We use GFI mail arcvhie.  Works excellant. 
www.gfi.com

http://www.gfi.com/mailarchiver/

Email archiving and mailbox management for all company email
GFI MailArchiver for Exchange provides easy-to-use corporate email archiving, enabling you to centrally archive all internal and external email. GFI MailArchiver allows you to archive past, present and future emails into one or multiple databases, providing both the network administrator and employees with a number of benefits.

• Network administrators can now avoid the pains of PST file management and:
    • Eliminate corrupted PST files and the lengthy troublesome process of ‘fixing’ them
    • Overcome the risk of PST loss in the case of hardware failure on the employees’ workstations
    • Free yourself from complex backup plans to copy PST files from each employee’s workstation.

• GFI MailArchiver allows employees to perform the following actions without needing the assistance of a network administrator:
    • Use their browser to easily locate and access all their emails from anywhere in the world
    • Quickly restore emails back to their mailbox through a OneClick Restore process, avoiding the cumbersome process of retrieving an email from a backup tape or disk, saving the network administrator’s time.

Zinfandel -> RE: Looking for an Exchange 2003 archiving solution... (2.Mar.2007 6:26:55 AM)

We're using GFI Mailarchiver too. Been using it for some time now... very satisfied with it.

Page: [1]