• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Error 1053: on Information Store Service Start-up

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Information Stores >> Error 1053: on Information Store Service Start-up Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Error 1053: on Information Store Service Start-up - 3.Mar.2007 4:51:08 AM   
UK.Bladerunner

Some help required please...

My Back End MS Exchange 2003 server sits on a Windows 2003 SP1 box. Having recently removed and older version of Antigen from it in order to install a newer updated version (9.0) the Microsoft Exchange Information Store Service now won't Start... This occured after a re-boot of the server once the Antigen software was removed.(Havent even installed the new version of Antigen at this point) !!

The error I get is :

Could not start the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service on Local Computer

Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

??

It appears that this problem has only happened to the one Exchange box I have, and that sits on a Windows 2003 SP1 O/S. When I upgrade our Antigen software on Windows 2003 Server (with no SP1) the information store behaves normally and starts/stops with no probs...

According to an MS Knowledge base article it appears that Error 1053's can be resolved by upgrading the .NET Framework 1.1 software to SP1.

On all my Exchange boxes I have .NET Framework 1.1 Device update 4.0.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? and do I just go for it and SP my .NET Framework version to SP1??

Any advice would be much appreciated...

Many Thanks

Help is always Appreicated... :-)
Post #: 1
RE: Error 1053: on Information Store Service Start-up - 4.Mar.2007 11:40:36 PM   
e_aravind

Got a chance to remove/isolate AntiVirus from the registry
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeIS\VirusScan

Is the Exchange server able to complete the "AutoDiscovery" of all/any of the GC's?
* If not, i bet a reboot of Exchange server to assist the "AutoDiscover" process?

Any other related EventIDs?

Got a chance for verifying/viewing a health-check from ExBPA?

(in reply to UK.Bladerunner)
Post #: 2
RE: Error 1053: on Information Store Service Start-up - 5.Mar.2007 3:29:42 AM   
UK.Bladerunner

Ok, thanks for your reply e_aravind. I seem to have resolved the problem purley by chance...

A simple re-appling of the current Exchange service pack seems to have resolved the problem (in this case MS Exchange 2003 SP2)

It was quite a relief to see that information store service startup, I tell ya.. ha ha

(in reply to e_aravind)
Post #: 3
RE: Error 1053: on Information Store Service Start-up - 3.Jun.2011 6:33:30 PM   
mcpasad

I tried lot of solutions but at last i found out that just installing exchange 2003 SP2 solved the problem for me.

Regards,

Asad Yaseen

(in reply to bibomaria)
Post #: 4
RE: Error 1053: on Information Store Service Start-up - 5.Jun.2011 10:40:32 AM   
dotnetnoob

Hi All: Same error as above. 2003 sp2 applied without errors, but can't start store.exe. Ran eseutil and isinteg on my edb file and there's no errors.

Getting either a 1053 error with eventID "7000" or 1067 error with EventID 7034 trying to start service (running as localSystem account on SBS2003. Rebooted several times...not sure what to try at this point?

Additional Info: In the application log, I'm seeing:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: MSExchangeIS
Event Category: General
Event ID: 1121
Date: 6/5/2011
Time: 10:42:26 AM
User: N/A
Computer: SERVER
Description:
Error 0x80004005 connecting to the Microsoft Active Directory.

< Message edited by dotnetnoob -- 5.Jun.2011 10:46:36 AM >

(in reply to mcpasad)
Post #: 5
RE: Error 1053: on Information Store Service Start-up - 7.Jul.2011 2:04:03 AM   
Gulab

Hello donnetnoob,

Your issue is different than the UKBladerunner's. It seems that the issue you have is with permission.
Exchange is not able to communicate with AD.
Run /domainprep on the Exchange server and check the issue.

Post the update.

Gulab Prasad,
Technology Consultant
Exchange Ranger
Check out CodeTwo’s tools for Exchange admins

(in reply to dotnetnoob)
Post #: 6
RE: Error 1053: on Information Store Service Start-up - 23.Mar.2014 11:20:57 AM   
yegulalp

try edb recovery software .Download demo version from here : http://email-****-tool.blogspot.in
Post #: 7
RE: Error 1053: on Information Store Service Start-up - 24.Feb.2015 6:06:08 AM   
ronniepaul

It may happens because of your Microsoft Exchange System Attendant services are not running properly. In case if the service is not running properly than many services related to exchange server will not work properly and will result in error..

Check out the steps mentioned below to resolve the error

http://www.blog.****.org/resolve-error-1053-exchange-system-attendant-service-could-not-start.html

Thanks
Ronnie Paul

(in reply to UK.Bladerunner)
Post #: 8

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Information Stores >> Error 1053: on Information Store Service Start-up Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter