• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

contacts folder recovery

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> contacts folder recovery Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
contacts folder recovery - 12.Mar.2007 8:03:58 PM   
endo peter

Hi guys,
I've tried to find an answer to my problem, but no luck.

we have the SBS2003 with Exchange server,
our contacts are/were shared in a imap folder, one user had all permissions, and one day he deleted the folder from his outlook, and so it disappeared from the server as well... :(

we have a couple backup .EDB and .STM files,

is there a way to extract the contacts folder from these files?

Thank you,
Peter.
Post #: 1
RE: contacts folder recovery - 13.Mar.2007 2:44:28 PM   
endo peter

found couple answers,

1. rebuild new server with the old database = free
2. convert edb to pst and import that = $
3. use ontrack powercontrols to extract from edb = $

(in reply to endo peter)
Post #: 2
RE: contacts folder recovery - 21.Mar.2007 10:51:53 AM   
mfletcher

Have you checked the user's Deleted Items folder or his Dumpster in Outlook?

What is your deleted item retention period?

MJF
MCSA 2003 +Messaging

(in reply to endo peter)
Post #: 3
RE: contacts folder recovery - 31.Jul.2010 12:00:35 AM   
Angel.TechWorld

Recover Exchange Contacts very easier and simple way with Enstella Exchange Recovery software, this will very helpful and easy-to-operate edb conversion utility that fastly reads offline exchange store information and extract exchange contacts, calendar, notes, tasks, journals, email, messages and all every thing. Just try out Enstella EDB conversion tool and extract all of your contact information from your priv1.edb and pub1.edb files. Catch the trail version tool at http://www.enstella.com/repair-exchange-database.html

(in reply to mfletcher)
Post #: 4
RE: contacts folder recovery - 27.Oct.2014 7:06:35 PM   
JonahBradley

Try to run

1. Get-ClientAccessServer | Test-MRSHealth

2. Test-MRSHealth -Identity yourexchangeserver

3. change startup type of mailbox replication service to Automatic and reboot server once and export .

for more details refer to:- http://www.filerepairforum.com/forum/conversion/conversion-aa/convert-edb-to-pst/378-%E2%80%8Brecover-data-from-an-edb-2007-on-a-new-domain-or-to-pst-file

Also take a look at EDB to PST **** Kit

Demo version is available on:- http://www.****converter.****kits/

Thanks!

(in reply to Angel.TechWorld)
Post #: 5
RE: contacts folder recovery - 4.Dec.2014 8:15:31 AM   
tom_brooks14

EdbMails is the most appropriate Exchange recovery solution to repair corrupt EDB file database and convert EDB to PST file with all Mails, Calendar, Attachments, Contacts and Drafts etc. Also, it recovers corrupt, damaged or inaccessible Exchange Server database EDB files and resolves most of the Exchange Server errors like 'Dirty Shutdown

**** to Convert Mailboxes to PST. An EDB to PST **** to convert corrupted EDB file for Exchange Server Recovery.

(in reply to endo peter)
Post #: 6
RE: contacts folder recovery - 5.Jul.2015 5:58:51 AM   
allanridge

To try this EDB to PST **** tool to recover public folder contacts and other related elements and Exchange mailbox data from corrupt EDB files. This tool can also recover Exchange EDB database from offline EDB /offline backups and save to different formats like PST, MSG, EML, HTML, TEXT, RTF. For more info, visit here: - https://softcart.wordpress.com/edb-to-pst-****/
Post #: 7
RE: contacts folder recovery - 17.Nov.2015 1:54:21 AM   
irene234

Try taking backup using "Cloudbacko software" i have experience of using CloudBacko software for my MYSQL database backup. Currently, i am using the same software because it gives me full security and protection to my data. Backup of a large 100GB MySQL Database can be finished overnight. Fast multi-thread MySQL Database backup. Block level incremental hot backup with zero downtime. MySQL Database backup pre-requisites checking guarantees restorability. Multi-destination concurrent backup. Directly restore from backup to original database. Service is very good so i would like to suggest you to have CloudBacko software for your backup plan.

(in reply to endo peter)
Post #: 8

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> contacts folder recovery Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter