• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

RE: E2K3 w/ SP2 cannot receive internet email

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> RE: E2K3 w/ SP2 cannot receive internet email Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: E2K3 w/ SP2 cannot receive internet email - 26.Mar.2007 7:03:05 AM   
farisnt

Hi again
Make sure that yout IP is not being change and your ISP CREAT AN MX Recored with the correct IP
for me and couse I hate dealing with my ISP .. couse every thing need alot of money and time plus offer better SPAM protection
I creat a website and use a thrid party software to download the Emails and send them to the local users

Talk with all .. Learn from All
MCP - VB - A+

(in reply to WildDaemon)
Post #: 21
RE: E2K3 w/ SP2 cannot receive internet email - 26.Mar.2007 9:37:58 AM   
uemurad

Okay - I can now telnet to your secondary and tertiary MX records, but not your primary.  Does the MX address point directly at your Exchange server, or is it hosted by your networking equipment?

Regards,

Dean T. Uemura
Microsoft MVP - Exchange (2007-2011)
exchangeguy.blogspot.com
uemurad@yahoo.com

(in reply to uemurad)
Post #: 22
RE: E2K3 w/ SP2 cannot receive internet email - 26.Mar.2007 3:22:31 PM   
WildDaemon

quote:

Make sure that yout IP is not being change and your ISP CREAT AN MX Recored with the correct IP

My ISP doesn't give me an MX record -_-'
I bought a domain, the one that registered my domain gave me access to a DNS Manager. In there I can change my MX and A records. No where else.

quote:

Does the MX address point directly at your Exchange server, or is it hosted by your networking equipment?

Question already answered, but ok I will repeat.
MX record points to A record. A record points to my IP. IP is taken by my router. My router forward all traffic on port 25 to my server.

--
It would be alot easier though if anyone could give me a link to a guide, how-to or tutorial. As I think this is nothing hardware related, nothing network related, but more likely setting related. I AM a total newbie on Exchange, I've tried to set it up and it didn't work. Then I keep trying to change things, then all of a sudden it works, I delete something and test it, doesn't work, rebuild it like it was and still doesn't work. I totally don't know WHAT I _should_ do, what to change, or whatever. I can however say that I'm not a newbie to Windows or Windows Server. If I don't know what you mean I will ask it or look it up on google (google is your best friend, don't forget). It's not that I don't appreciate the effort and time you put into this, I'm just saying that it would be easier for me (and I guess for all of us) if there was 'just' a link on how-to setup Exchange.

So don't get me wrong, I DO appreciate what your doing.

Grtz,

(in reply to uemurad)
Post #: 23
RE: E2K3 w/ SP2 cannot receive internet email - 26.Mar.2007 4:06:27 PM   
flowcom1

I would say use your best friend in conjuction with the help provided.  You might find and learn a great deal instead of waiting for  direct answer.  The guyys on here are here to help and also to help you learn in the process.  In your case,  you could have asked that, "Is there a link on how-to setup," instead of going through you senario.  Here are some suggestions,
Get a 70-284 book and read read read.  Then Ask ask ask.
I am no exchange guru but what I have learned for the people on here is more valuable than reading.  It like being in a "live" classroom of mixed enviroments.  Short from from hands on, it awesome material.  Embrace and learn. 

You can start here:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/a3318f57-3536-4e65-9309-9300cda23c73.aspx

http://www.msexchange.org/articles_tutorials/Exchange_Server_2003/

http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Configuring-SMTP-Connector.html

For some DNS info
http://www.computerperformance.co.uk/exchange2003/exchange2003_MX_records.htm

Enjoy

(in reply to WildDaemon)
Post #: 24
RE: E2K3 w/ SP2 cannot receive internet email - 26.Mar.2007 4:23:34 PM   
WildDaemon

Well flowcom1,

Although I do appreciate that you tried to help, especially on the last post, I do have to say that in post #1 I said that I couldn't find installation and setup guides. On post #3 I asked specifically for settings in Exchange.

But anyways, whatever, it's not something to be crying for. I think I got what I wanted now, big thanks for that. If I do have questions I know I can ask them here. It's just stupid that I couldn't find those links anywhere else. I will post these links in my blog. Thanks again for the help guys!

Grtz ,

(in reply to flowcom1)
Post #: 25
RE: E2K3 w/ SP2 cannot receive internet email - 27.Mar.2007 11:52:40 PM   
binarycriminal

Hi,
You have to register your domain at which you want to receive your mails.
ex. vishal@abc.com
then @abc.com must be resigter to receive mails.
If you are already register then try to get Mx record from nslookup or from dnsstuff.com is all record are working properly or not.

Regards,
Vishal Anand Sharma.

(in reply to WildDaemon)
Post #: 26

Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> RE: E2K3 w/ SP2 cannot receive internet email Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter