• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Invalid Organization Name?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Invalid Organization Name? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Invalid Organization Name? - 26.Mar.2007 8:37:30 PM   
Legionnaire

Hello there,

I am trying to install Exchange 2007 on one of my servers. When I press "Next" in the Introduction screen, it gives me the following error:

" The Exchange organization name is invalid. Message: '{335A1087-5131-4D45BE-3C6C7F76F5EC} is not a valid value for Organization Name. The value must not contain any of '~', '`', '!', '@', '#', '$', '%', '^', '&', '*', '(', ')', '_', '+', '{', '}', '[', ']', '|', '\', ':', ';', '"', ''', '<', '>', ',', '.', '?', '/' "

I've been looking all day long without finding a solution. Most of them lead to uninstalling previous Exchange 2000/2003 installations, but we have never even attempted at an Exchange installation before. Heck, we recently re-created the whole domain anew in new servers. Even when I try running the command setup /prepareAD /OrganizationName:OrgName, it returns the same error.

I'm also seeing two Application Errors on the Event Viewer with ID: 2152 and 2155 but I'm having trouble finding what they're related to and how to solve them. I'm also trying to find out what the GUID {335A1087-5131-4D45-BE3E-3C6C7F76F5EC} is, and Event 2155 points to
CN={335A1087-5131-4D45-BE3E-3C6C7F76F5EC},CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=my,DC=domain,DC=com but I'm unable to find this object.

Does anyone have an idea of what's going on and/or how I could work around this?

Thanks in advance!
Post #: 1
RE: Invalid Organization Name? - 27.Mar.2007 9:08:53 AM   
flowcom1

Looks like your GUID name is that same as the  org name.  Change it to something valid like First organization.  ALso, I suggest your read the following.
http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Installing-Exchange-2007-Part1.html

(in reply to Legionnaire)
Post #: 2
RE: Invalid Organization Name? - 27.Mar.2007 12:03:09 PM   
de.blackman

Sounds like forestprep was ran either for Exchange 2003 or Exchange 2000 previously but it was never installed. When forestprep is run, a place holder for the organization is created in Active Directory eith a GUID as the organization name. To see if this is true,
1. open Active Directory Sites and Services as a domain administrator.
2. On the View menu select Show Services nodes.
3. Expand Services and check to see if Microsoft Exchange is listed there

As you mentioned, you do NOT have any exchange servers installed. Correct?? What about Active Directory Connectors? if you do NOT have any of them then delete the entire Microsoft Exchange folder under Services and try the installation process again.

Ibrahim Benna - Microsoft Exchange MVP
Forum Moderator
Navantis
@IbrahimBenna

(in reply to flowcom1)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Invalid Organization Name? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter