• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

User Logged Off Viewing Emails with Grapics

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Outlook Web Access >> User Logged Off Viewing Emails with Grapics Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
User Logged Off Viewing Emails with Grapics - 27.Mar.2007 4:40:55 PM   
Klinstifen

In our Exchange 2003 SP2 environment, we have experienced a couple instances where users are automatically logged off when the view certain emails.  These emails have embedded graphics (i.e. The graphic is in the document...it is not listed as an attachment).

When the user clicks on the email, the login page will be displayed in the preview pane rather than the email's content.  So, if this is the most recent email then the user will be automatically logged off as soon as the login because the preview pane will show the first email.  To get around this we: 1. Send another email to the user so the first email in their list will not be the one with graphics.  2. Disable the preview pane. 3. Delete the email causing the problem.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?  If you have, how did you fix it?  I am open to ideas as numerous google and MS searches have proved fruitless....
Post #: 1
RE: User Logged Off Viewing Emails with Grapics - 28.Mar.2007 3:25:19 PM   
rothbart

I don't have an answer, but perhaps a work-around. I have a user continually logged off when she changes messages or tries to open one. It only happens when she uses the Premium client. With the basic client, she doesn't get logged off.

If I figure out what is causing the issue in my instance I'll let you know.

Dan

(in reply to Klinstifen)
Post #: 2
RE: User Logged Off Viewing Emails with Grapics - 29.Mar.2007 9:02:34 AM   
patrick51970

I am having the same trouble and finally found a KB article about the problem.

You will have to call Microsoft to get the Hotfix.

Here is the link:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928872/en-us

Or just lookup this article number 928872

(in reply to rothbart)
Post #: 3
RE: User Logged Off Viewing Emails with Grapics - 29.Mar.2007 9:26:02 AM   
rothbart

Good tip. Mine isn't exactly the same issue. The mails log her off even without graphics.

Thanks for helping,
Dan

< Message edited by rothbart -- 29.Mar.2007 2:40:15 PM >

(in reply to patrick51970)
Post #: 4
RE: User Logged Off Viewing Emails with Grapics - 30.Mar.2007 3:11:12 PM   
Klinstifen

Perfect!  This is awesome.  Thanks for posting this KB article.  While I don't think we'll be obtaining the hotfix, it is at least nice to know what's causing the problem.  I think we'll go the route of educating our users on the proper way to attach images to emails.

(in reply to Klinstifen)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Outlook Web Access >> User Logged Off Viewing Emails with Grapics Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter