• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Exchange 2007 Out of Office (OOF) not working

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> General >> Exchange 2007 Out of Office (OOF) not working Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Exchange 2007 Out of Office (OOF) not working - 28.Mar.2007 8:56:51 AM   
clive

From Intranet or External I can't use the Out of Office settings menu option in Outlook 2007. From OWA I can set OOF.
The Outlook 2007 error message reads "Your Out of Office settings cannot be displayed, because the server is currently unavailable. Try again later."
After reading this article it put emphasis on having AutoConfigure set-up for OOF to work
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/6ced71d4-ae0a-4b75-a5c5-30633c676b88.aspx
I have got AutoDiscover setup now, and can setup my Outlook 2007 client using Autoconfigure.
I've used set-WebServicesVirtualDirectory to set the External URL but OOF still doesn’t work.

it If I run the Test Autoconfigure and read the XML output it shows that: <OOFUrl>https://exch2.XYZDOMAIN.com/EWS/Exchange.asmx</OOFUrl>
When I access the URL using a web browser I see some XML from Services.wsdl.

[My Server setup is a migration from Exchange 2003 which I still have online for half my mailbox users.]

Thanks

Clive
Post #: 1
RE: Exchange 2007 Out of Office (OOF) not working - 28.Mar.2007 3:28:53 PM   
BeTaCam

Check

MSH>Set-remoteDomain -Identity <domain identity> -AllowedOOFType [None,InternalLegacy,Internal,External(Default)]

Hth

BC

(in reply to clive)
Post #: 2
RE: Exchange 2007 Out of Office (OOF) not working - 28.Mar.2007 6:18:35 PM   
clive

I queried that and External is allowed on Default *

(in reply to BeTaCam)
Post #: 3
RE: Exchange 2007 Out of Office (OOF) not working - 2.Apr.2007 5:34:14 PM   
dmgenesys

Were you able to resolve it? I am experiencing exactly the same issue. Went through all checks - and everything is configured and works as advertised - everything except for OOF.

Here are my observations from tests (done both ways RPC and RPC over HTTPS):

1. Everything works if a connection is made from a machine joined to the same domain as E2K7.
2. OOF doesn't work if a connection is made from non-domain client computer. The rest of services (including AS) are working.
3. And everything works if a connection is made to linked (cross-forest) mailbox from a machine that is joined to user-forest.

This is an interesting case - as I assume if it were a MS bug it would come accross in tests with hosted services. Anybody has any insight?

(in reply to clive)
Post #: 4
RE: Exchange 2007 Out of Office (OOF) not working - 2.Apr.2007 7:11:03 PM   
dmgenesys

I just found out why I am not able to retrieve OOF settings in case of using OL2007 from a machine that is from another forest... Here is what OL tracelog shows:
GetUserOofSettingsRequest
Sending request
Request sent
Response error code: 00000000
HTTP status code: 500
There is an error in request/response
<faultstring>Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.AccessDeniedException: User is not mailbox owner. User = <GUID>, MailboxGuid = <GUID>...</faultstring>

In this case User GUID is a user account from another domain (OL profile runs under session authenticated in another domain) Yes - most likely not a supported configuration. But wouldn't it be the case with home computers trying to log onto Exchange with RPC/HTTPs?

And lastly - why AS service works? I am able to retrieve Free/Busy without a glitch...

(in reply to dmgenesys)
Post #: 5
RE: Exchange 2007 Out of Office (OOF) not working - 4.Dec.2007 12:19:46 PM   
wsalen

Has anyone found a workaround for this yet?  We are in the same situation as Exchange is installed as a resource domain.  We also have many Outlook Anywhere users that also must use OWA to change their OOF.

(in reply to dmgenesys)
Post #: 6
RE: Exchange 2007 Out of Office (OOF) not working - 4.Dec.2007 6:03:40 PM   
RobertSeattle

No workaround here yet either.  But I did notice that every time someone invokes OOF on an Outlook 2007 client, I see a 680 Failure on the Exchange Server Security Log.  I believe the erro code mean "user not found" even though the user definitely exists. Some kids of IIS/Domain Controller latency issue???

Logon attempt by: MICROSOFT_AUTHENTICATION_PACKAGE_V1_0
Logon account: validclientuser@domain.com
Source Workstation: clientPC
Error Code: 0xC0000064

(in reply to wsalen)
Post #: 7
RE: Exchange 2007 Out of Office (OOF) not working - 5.Dec.2007 12:15:52 AM   
rishishah

This may not be related but i had to change the way OOF did its authentication to Basic as opposed to Integrated Authentication for this to work.

But this was because most my users came through RPC HTTPS via an ISA 2006.

Rishi Shah, MCP

Remember to backup before applying the advice. www.saiconsult.co.uk. Happy to provide Professional Exchange Server Consultancy to anywhere in the world.

(in reply to RobertSeattle)
Post #: 8
RE: Exchange 2007 Out of Office (OOF) not working - 5.Dec.2007 11:30:11 AM   
wsalen

In my situation, the Autoconfiguration settings are correct and so are all other settings mentioned in this post.  I do not believe this is an Outlook Anywhere issue either.  The issue is caused by opening outlook while logged on to your computer as a different user than your email account, even though you enter the correct e-mail account information while Outlook is loading.  It seems as though OOF is not using the logon information that you enter into Outlook.

If you right-click on Outlook, select Run As..., then enter your email account information, OOF works, because Outlook is running under the correct user account.

I have this issue because our Exchange 2007 environment is installed as a separate resource domain, which means our users never open Outlook using their e-mail account, even though they enter their e-mail account information when prompted by Outlook.

I would say you have this issue when connected via Outlook anywhere because of the same reason.  I would bet OOF only works seamlessly if your user domain and Exchange domain were one in the same.

(in reply to rishishah)
Post #: 9
Woo Hoo!!! Got it working - 5.Dec.2007 3:28:12 PM   
RobertSeattle

Although I had a digicert.com certificate with the proper additional SANs values, it seems somewhere between Outlook, Exchange/IIS, and the Domain Controller it didn't like my internal SANs name and so I set a DNS record such that my external and internal certificate via Set-WebServicesVirtualDirectory command and after waiting a couple of minutes for everything to update, OOF works!

What really bugs me about the whole episdoe is out my Outlook 2000, 2002, 2003, and OWA clients worked fine in regards to OOF, but the Rube Goldberg OOF design in Outlook 2007-Exchange 2007 is too fickle there isn't much knowledge out there on how to diagnose these problems.  If one thing is wrong you get this inane "Server Unavailable Issue".

An obvious solution for would for Microsoft to have designed Outlook 2007 OOF to "fail back" to Outlook 2003's scheme for accessing OOF if the Outlook 2007 Rube Goldberg Autodiscover processs fails.

(in reply to wsalen)
Post #: 10
RE: Woo Hoo!!! Got it working - 5.Dec.2007 3:48:20 PM   
wsalen

The internal and external web services virtual directory are the same in my organization, so this would not fix my issue...  I would like to be able to force OOF to authenticate the same as all other features and not try to use the account in which I logged onto my computer.

(in reply to RobertSeattle)
Post #: 11

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> General >> Exchange 2007 Out of Office (OOF) not working Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter