• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Deleted Public Folder Directory

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Installation >> Deleted Public Folder Directory Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Deleted Public Folder Directory - 3.Apr.2007 5:23:11 PM   
rparsons1000

During the installation of our 2007 Exchange Cluster I decided to make a change and tried to remove the public folder storage group with no success. I then decided to keep the setup but had already deleted the Public Folder folder on the server, not the Storage Group as it wouldn't let me. Well, we have 2 Exchange 2003 servers and now I can't sync which creates a problem with Outlook 2003 users seeing free/busy when their mailboxes are on 2007. Is there any way to recreate the Public Folder on the Exchange 2007? BTW, Exchange 2007 already built a new directory stucture, just doesn't communicate with 2003.
Post #: 1
RE: Deleted Public Folder Directory - 13.Apr.2007 12:08:28 PM   
ChrisGilbert

When I moved the public storage group, I had to duplicate it, dismount it and then "move" it using the -ConfigurationOnly switch in the Exchange Shell. I was then able to move it to the clustered drive and mount the directory. If you deleted the public storage group and need to recreate it, you will need to use the Shell CLI to move and create the new database. This is the command to move and/or create "move-DatabasePath -Identity 'Exchange\Second Storage Group\Public Folder Database' -EdbFilePath 'E:\Program Files\Exchange Server\Mailbox\Second Storage Group\Public Folder Database.edb'-ConfigurationOnly" in the shell

(in reply to rparsons1000)
Post #: 2
RE: Deleted Public Folder Directory - 13.Apr.2007 2:51:39 PM   
rparsons1000

Thanks Chris. I actually worked with Microsoft just yesterday to resolve the issue. The problem ended up that the Exchange 2007 public folder tried to tie itsef to an orphaned object, creating a second MAPI tree. We finally found the object, deleted it, created a new public folder and all was well. After that it was a matter of setting up the replication.

(in reply to rparsons1000)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Installation >> Deleted Public Folder Directory Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter