Exchange 5.5 OWA (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Outlook Web Access

asbeveridge -> Exchange 5.5 OWA (12.Apr.2007 5:37:29 PM)

Hello Experts,

I know this is the 2000 OWA forum but I didn't see a specific OWA forum for Exchange 5.5 and was hoping someone might be able to help.

We are running an old Exchange 5.5 server with OWA.  Several years ago, one of my administrators discovered a way to add text to every message that was created, forwarded or replied to with OWA.  The text was not visible when the user created the message but it was always there when the message was delivered.  Basically  it said:

This message was generated from Webmail

It was added to the top of every message and let the receiver know the sender was not on site. 

As I remember, we added the required text to the cmpmsg.asp or postmsg.asp file but I just can't fine the exact location. 

I have re-discovered that placing the message in cmpmsg.asp between the following lines will put the text in the message but it allow the user to delete the text.

<TEXTAREA cols=<%=iTableTAWidth%> rows=<%=nRows%> name=message wrap=virtual><% objRenderer.Write GetPlainBodyText(objOneMsg), Response%>

This message was generated from Webmail
</textarea>

Any help anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Scott

leederbyshire -> RE: Exchange 5.5 OWA (13.Apr.2007 7:11:30 AM)

You'll need to add the text using the page that cmpmsg.asp posts to, Commands.asp .  Look for a line that says

bstrText = Request.Form("message")

and add your text after that

bstrText = bstrText & vbCrLf & vbCrLf & _
   "*********************************" & vbCrLf & _
   "This message was generated from Webmail" & vbCrLf & _
   "*********************************"

Page: [1]