• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Customize OWA Logon Page

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Outlook Web Access >> Customize OWA Logon Page Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Customize OWA Logon Page - 13.Apr.2007 2:17:22 PM   
dkuehling

Hello,

I have OWA up and running, and set to use UPN for logon. On the logon screen, I would like to change the label from Principal Name to Email Address because no one know what their UPN is since they donít know what it means.

I know on 2003 you could customize the labels, but I donít see a way to do it with the theme's based system there is now. Hopefully, I am overlooking the obvious.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Post #: 1
RE: Customize OWA Logon Page - 18.Dec.2007 7:24:27 AM   
pthmpson

The msexchange team have a good article on creating themes in Outlook Web Access 2007 at http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2006/08/30/428793.aspx

There's also a file you can edit in "C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\ClientAccess\Owa\auth" called logon.aspx. If you know your html you can add or remove rows from the table. I'm not quite sure where some of the content comes from to populate some of the table cells so make a backup copy first and be careful with your changes.

It's probably not quite what you're looking for but it's the best I've managed to find so far.

Phil

(in reply to dkuehling)
Post #: 2
RE: Customize OWA Logon Page - 18.Mar.2008 5:41:22 PM   
mlnewman

Answer:
Make a backup copy of all files before you make changes!

On your CAS, browse to "c:\program files\microsoft\exchange server\clientaccess\owa\auth" and edit logon.aspx

Go to line 222 and edit it as follows:

Original Text
<td nowrap><label for="username"><%=UserNameLabel%></label></td>

New Text

<td nowrap><label for="username">E-Mail Address:</label></td>

Note that this file will likely be overwritten by Service Packs and/or Hotfixes.

Good luck!

(in reply to dkuehling)
Post #: 3
RE: Customize OWA Logon Page - 3.Mar.2009 10:13:11 AM   
johnymac

More in depth docs on how to customize OWA 2k7

http://johnmclear.blogspot.com/2009/02/customizing-outlook-web-access-owa-2007.html

(in reply to mlnewman)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Outlook Web Access >> Customize OWA Logon Page Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter