• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

How to import outlook contacts to exchange 2007

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Migration >> How to import outlook contacts to exchange 2007 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to import outlook contacts to exchange 2007 - 17.Apr.2007 1:08:03 PM   
ntusnet

We are migrating one of our client from Exim to exchange, but he has few thousand contacts is his outlook 2003, How can we import them to exchange 2007, so he can sync them with his handheld device?

Thanks in advance
Post #: 1
RE: How to import outlook contacts to exchange 2007 - 2.Jan.2008 5:33:05 PM   
hazar

ntusnet,

It may be too late to help you, but I am posting this for others searching on this issue.  I have written a powershell script that takes a default csv export from outlook and imports it into exchange 2007.  Not every field is brought over as there are inconsistencies in the information you are able to store.  It should be pretty easy to modify it to make it work for any fields that are missing.  One fields/parameters I left out was -CountryorRegion as it is not a string field and I did not want to do the conversion.

Here it is:

Add-Content c:\debug.txt "::Starting Import: ";
$err = "";
Import-Csv contacts.csv | ForEach {
$output = "::";
$display = "";
if ($_."First Name")
{
$display = $_."First Name";
}
if($_."Middle Name")
{
$display = $display + " " + $_."Middle Name";
}
if($_."Last Name")
{
if ($_."First Name")
{
 $display = $display + " " + $_."Last Name";
} else
{
 $display = $_."Last Name";
}
}
$output = $output + "Importing: " + $display;
Add-Content c:\debug.txt $output;
$otherfax = $_."Home Fax" + ", " + $_."Other Fax";
$otherphone =  $_."Primary Phone" + ", " + $_."Business Phone 2" + ", " + $_."Car Phone" + ", " + $_."Callback" + ", " + $_."Company Main Phone" + ", " + $_."Other Phone";
$otherhome = $_."Home Phone 2" + ", " + "";
$businessstreet = $_."Business Street" + " " + $_."Business Street 2" + " " + $_."Business Street 3";
$postofficebox = $_."Business Address PO Box" + ", " + "";
New-MailContact -DomainController dc.domain.com -Name $display -Firstname $_."First Name" -Lastname $_."Last Name" -ExternalEmailAddress $_."E-mail Address" -OrganizationalUnit "domain.com/Contacts" -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue -ErrorVariable +err | Set-Contact -DomainController dc.domain.com -AssistantName $_."Assistant's Name" -City $_."Business City" -Company $_."Company" -Department $_."Department" -DisplayName $display -Fax $_."Business Fax" -HomePhone $_."Home Phone" -Initials $_."Initials" -MobilePhone $_."Mobile Phone" -Name $display -Notes $_."Notes" -Office $_."Location" -OtherFax $otherfax -OtherHomePhone $otherhome -OtherTelephone $otherphone -Pager $_."Pager" -Phone $_."Business Phone" -PostalCode $_."Business Postal Code" -PostOfficeBox $postofficebox -StateOrProvince $_."Business State" -StreetAddress $businessstreet -TelephoneAssistant $_."Assistant's Phone" -Title $_."Title" -WebPage $_."Web Page" -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue -ErrorVariable +err;
Set-MailContact -Identity $display -DomainController dc.domain.com -CustomAttribute15 "Bristol" -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue -ErrorVariable +err;
}
Add-Content c:\debug.txt $err;

Hope this helps someone!  It was not a quick process, but I had tons of contacts to import.

(in reply to ntusnet)
Post #: 2
RE: How to import outlook contacts to exchange 2007 - 8.Sep.2011 5:26:02 AM   
joshua bell

hey,

I was importing my All outlook contacts to exchange 2007. I found, there are numerous way to import your all MS Outlook contacts to exchange 2007 but the bulk conversion limitation is with all manual process. My contact list was too long so i was not interesting in the all manual process. Finally i got a free vCard converter tool that's proven piece-of-cake for me. with vCard converter convert Outlook contact to vcard contact format. vcard format directly importing by exchange 2007.

It's gave me my all outlook contacts in vCard format. After that the drag and drop process over exchange 2007 server was very easy for me.

http://www.vcardmagic.com/vcard-converter.html

(in reply to ntusnet)
Post #: 3
RE: How to import outlook contacts to exchange 2007 - 8.Sep.2011 5:39:00 AM   
joshua bell

hey,

I was importing my All outlook contacts to exchange 2007. I found, there are numerous way to import your all MS Outlook contacts to exchange 2007 but the bulk conversion limitation is with all manual process. My contact list was too long so i was not interesting in the all manual process. Finally i got a free vCard converter tool that's proven piece-of-cake for me. with vCard converter convert Outlook contact to vcard contact format. vcard format directly importing by exchange 2007.

It's gave me my all outlook contacts in vCard format. After that the drag and drop process over exchange 2007 server was very easy for me

http://www.vcardmagic.com/vcard-converter.html

(in reply to ntusnet)
Post #: 4
RE: How to import outlook contacts to exchange 2007 - 3.Jan.2012 10:43:06 AM   
mikeleena

I tried to solve out the issue you stated but i am unable to import all contacts i had taken thee help from PST repair you an contact them and solve the entire issue properly.

(in reply to ntusnet)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Migration >> How to import outlook contacts to exchange 2007 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter