Problems with ActiveSync and devices (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Mobility

miller2348 -> Problems with ActiveSync and devices (25.Apr.2007 10:05:29 AM)

I've migrated our old 2003 to a new exchange 2007 server.  I have everything working fine except for our two Pocket PC's that used to work perfectly on the old server.

I have moved the cert from the old server to the new with the keys.  The certs have been installed on the devices already as they were working perfectly fine with the exchange 2003 server.

I've tried with form based and w/o form based authentication on the new server without any changes.

I can see the devices under the users "Manage Mobile Device" settings.  It even applied the policy but will not sync up any info from exchange.

The support code given on the device is: 0x8600050B

I can't find that code anywhere...  Does anyone have any ideas for me to try out?

Henrik Walther -> RE: Problems with ActiveSync and devices (25.Apr.2007 3:42:35 PM)

I've asked MS sources for info..

I'll get back to you once I get a reply.

miller2348 -> RE: Problems with ActiveSync and devices (25.Apr.2007 3:57:08 PM)

Thanks Henrik for your response.  I was able to get this to work about an hour ago by deleting the partnership on both the exchange users mobile device settings page and deleting the partnership on the actual device.  Then setup a new partnership with activesync on the computer and synced the device with the pc.  It wouldn't work until the device physically synced with the computer for some reason.

Either way, it's working finally...

Henrik Walther -> RE: Problems with ActiveSync and devices (26.Apr.2007 2:01:29 AM)

Yeah it's always a good idea to start out with deleting the partnership when experiencing sync issues after mailbox moves.

Good to hear you got it sorted out...

tjomma -> RE: Problems with ActiveSync and devices (4.Jun.2007 10:29:50 AM)

I recently moved my mailbox from 2000 to 2003. I am also getting the 8600050b error. I have already done a hard reset on the device and removed all partnerships from my PC. When i set it up again, it syncs the first time, thereafter it only returns the 8600050b error.

Also, we make use of an APN at our internet SP, with a dedicated link to our internal network that talks to Exchange. The APN also breaks out to the internet for browsing without going through the internal network. Browsing still works fine. It is just that for some reason no communication seems to work to Exchange.

Any ideas?

dinx -> Problems with ActiveSync and devices (6.Jun.2007 10:09:33 AM)

how can I configure blackberry 8700G in my exchange 2007 give me the step by step configuration  This blackberry is not suort the Activesync. What can I do plz help me

Thank U

Henrik Walther -> RE: Problems with ActiveSync and devices (9.Jun.2007 2:51:04 PM)

You cannot use a Blackberry device to sync directly with a mailbox, you must use RIM's BB solution for this.

LouisBHirst -> RE: Problems with ActiveSync and devices (16.Jul.2007 9:10:27 AM)

Henrik, could you expand a little bit on what you mean by "RIM's BB solution" ?

Much appreciated,
Bart

webpilot -> RE: Problems with ActiveSync and devices (16.Jul.2007 2:10:27 PM)

He is talking about Blackberry Enterprise Server. If oyu use fewer than 14 BB's you should consider using BBES Express Edition. It has all the features and capabilities as the Full EE does the only difference is that you only have to pay for User/Device CALs at 99 dollars each vs buying the EE and the CALs.

quote:

ORIGINAL: LouisBHirst

Henrik, could you expand a little bit on what you mean by "RIM's BB solution" ?

Much appreciated,
Bart

Page: [1]