• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Cannot Login to OWA - Resolved

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Outlook Web Access >> Cannot Login to OWA - Resolved Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Cannot Login to OWA - Resolved - 25.Apr.2007 1:33:34 PM   
ndube_jerrypate

Whenever a user tries to authenticate to OWA, he receives the following error. Does anyone know how tofix this issue?

Request
Url: https://mail.jerrypate.com:443/owa/lang.owa
User host address: 66.184.203.19

Exception
Exception type: Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.StoragePermanentException
Exception message: There was a problem accessing Active Directory.

Call stack
Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.ExchangePrincipal.Save()
Microsoft.Exchange.Clients.Owa.Core.RequestDispatcher.DispatchLanguagePostLocally(OwaContext owaContext, OwaIdentity logonIdentity, CultureInfo culture, String timeZoneKeyName, Boolean isOptimized)
Microsoft.Exchange.Clients.Owa.Core.RequestDispatcher.DispatchLanguagePostRequest(OwaContext owaContext)
Microsoft.Exchange.Clients.Owa.Core.RequestDispatcher.PrepareRequestWithoutSession(OwaContext owaContext, UserContextCookie userContextCookie)
Microsoft.Exchange.Clients.Owa.Core.RequestDispatcher.InternalDispatchRequest(OwaContext owaContext)
Microsoft.Exchange.Clients.Owa.Core.RequestDispatcher.DispatchRequest(OwaContext owaContext)
System.Web.HttpApplication.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Inner Exception
Exception type: Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.ADOperationException
Exception message: Active Directory operation failed on pdc02.JERRYPATE.LOCAL. This error is not retriable. Additional information: Insufficient access rights to perform the operation. Active directory response: 00002098: SecErr: DSID-03150A45, problem 4003 (INSUFF_ACCESS_RIGHTS), data 0

Call stack
Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.ADSession.AnalyzeDirectoryError(PooledLdapConnection connection, DirectoryRequest request, DirectoryException de, Int32& retries, Int32 maxRetries)
Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.ADSession.ExecuteModificationRequest(ADRawEntry entry, DirectoryRequest request, ADObjectId originalId)
Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.ADSession.Save(ADObject instanceToSave, IEnumerable`1 properties)
Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.ExchangePrincipal.Save()

Inner Exception
Exception type: System.DirectoryServices.Protocols.DirectoryOperationException
Exception message: The user has insufficient access rights.

Call stack
System.DirectoryServices.Protocols.LdapConnection.ConstructResponse(Int32 messageId, LdapOperation operation, ResultAll resultType, TimeSpan requestTimeOut, Boolean exceptionOnTimeOut)
System.DirectoryServices.Protocols.LdapConnection.SendRequest(DirectoryRequest request, TimeSpan requestTimeout)
Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.PooledLdapConnection.SendRequest(DirectoryRequest request, LdapOperation ldapOperation)
Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.ADSession.ExecuteModificationRequest(ADRawEntry entry, DirectoryRequest request, ADObjectId originalId)

< Message edited by ndube_jerrypate -- 16.May2008 5:09:31 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Cannot Login to OWA - 30.Apr.2007 8:49:53 AM   
miller2348

I'm also having this same error for a user.  Has anyone came up with a solution for this?

(in reply to ndube_jerrypate)
Post #: 2
RE: Cannot Login to OWA - 30.Apr.2007 8:59:14 AM   
miller2348

I've fixed this error.  Make sure that the user you're having problems with has Inherit permissions turned on.  Seems that for some exchange migrations this is disabled for come people.

(in reply to miller2348)
Post #: 3
RE: Cannot Login to OWA - 30.Apr.2007 9:06:23 AM   
Navigate

https://blogs.pointbridge.com/Blogs/mcduffie_forrest/_layouts/listfeed.aspx?List=%7B0148AEB6-9FFE-4A99-80FD-71736326B5D5%7D

Post #: 4
RE: Cannot Login to OWA - 30.Apr.2007 9:38:24 AM   
ndube_jerrypate

I have verified that the users have inherited permissions. The error still exists. Any other Ideas?

(in reply to miller2348)
Post #: 5
RE: Cannot Login to OWA - 10.May2007 8:43:13 AM   
jheckman

Jerry did you ever get this resolved .. thanks

Post #: 6
RE: Cannot Login to OWA - 22.Jun.2007 8:03:53 PM   
ndube_jerrypate

Just phoned microsoft. Here is the fix they did.

"We found that multiple permissions were missing on the domain and users objects.
We ran setup.com /preparedomain. This resolved the AD exception problem and all users are now using OWA without any further problems."

Hope This Helps

Nathan Dube
Network Administrator

(in reply to jheckman)
Post #: 7
RE: Cannot Login to OWA - 25.Jun.2007 5:14:56 PM   
Rotty

ndube_jerrypate many thanx because you just saved me hours and hours of nerve breaking browsing through internet looking for solution. Everything I found so far was related to migration from Exchange 2003 to 2007. Finally solution I was looking for!

And now the obvious question:
Is it safe to run setup.com /preparedomain in live environment? Because if something would go wrong my bosses….
Did you already try above mentioned solution?

Post #: 8
RE: Cannot Login to OWA - 25.Jun.2007 5:56:22 PM   
ndube_jerrypate

This is the solution that microsoft support had me run on my system. However, to be on the safe side, I would run a system state backup of AD before running this (which is what I did). I am glad to say that this fixed my problem immediatly.

(in reply to Rotty)
Post #: 9

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Outlook Web Access >> Cannot Login to OWA - Resolved Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter