• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Exchange 2K3 and KVS EV

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Exchange Server Misc] >> 3rd Party Add-ons >> Exchange 2K3 and KVS EV Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Exchange 2K3 and KVS EV - 27.Apr.2007 4:35:43 AM   
PatK100

Hello

This is my first posting on this site - I find it an invaluable source of information, I am responsible for the Exchange enviornment in our Organisiation which is local goverment.

We have two Exchange 2003 servers with the mailstores spread evenly over the two servers, we have one front end server hosting OWA 2003 and one server hosting KVS EV6 SP2, we have about 1800 live users at any one time.

The hardware seems to cope no probles with the loading, the problem we are having is that the vault is growing at an alarming rate, approx 1GB per night, we have no reprting tools to see what is happening in KVS other than the simple SQL scripts given to us by Symantec.

We have had this running for around 12-15 months now and our vault partition is already approaching 1TB in size.

Does anyone know of any reporting tools available for KVS and Exhange combined - bearing in mind that we will soon be looking at upgrading to Exchange
2007 if it is thought beneficial.

We currently are saving all emails with a retention period of forever - so the vault is bound to grow - we are trying to get all departments to agree to a deletion policy but being local goverment - things happen very slowly.

We have got around our backup problems by splitting the vault up active partitions, (we use Netbackup)

Any help would be appreaciated - have many users experienced the same effects.
Post #: 1
RE: Exchange 2K3 and KVS EV - 27.Apr.2007 5:44:29 PM   
a.grogan

Wow, my advice would be to get Symantec on board ASAP, the rate of growth you are seeing is not right. We have a very similar setup, and I work in local government as well - PM me and we can swap contacts.

I have added in 3500 users to KVS here which are spread across 3 clusters, the sizes in your vault should be roughly proportionate to your stores sizes (although the vault should be slightly larger).

Cheers

A

Andy Grogan
MSExchange.org Forums Moderator
For my general ramblings about Exchange please visit my website:
W: http://www.telnetport25.com/
B: http://telnetport25.wordpress.com/
M: manifoldmaster@gmail.com

(in reply to PatK100)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Exchange Server Misc] >> 3rd Party Add-ons >> Exchange 2K3 and KVS EV Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter