• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

OWA 2007 and Windows firewall

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Outlook Web Access >> OWA 2007 and Windows firewall Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
OWA 2007 and Windows firewall - 30.Apr.2007 10:35:59 AM   
kenjancef

I just got off the phone with a client that was trying to connect to OWA 2007 on their home system, and the user would get to the login screen, but was unable to get anywhere past that. My associate took the call so I don't know if he was getting any errors or error pages. The solution that worked was having him turn off the Windows Firewall (he is using Windows XP SP2).

So, my question is: Since he turned off Windows Firewall and it worked, what ports needed to be open for OWA 2007 to work? Seems strange that the firewall was an issue, but it clearly was.

Thansk in advance.

Ken Jancef
Technical Solutions
Post #: 1
RE: OWA 2007 and Windows firewall - 7.May2007 5:35:43 PM   
sbouse

ken-we do not have an ISA/Edge Transport..and no plans for one..and we put the CAS in the DMZ and it cannot see the mailbox servers. The documentation says to use the ISA, but did you find out what ports we can open in our Pix FW to allow OWA 2007 to work from the internet? thanks. steve

(in reply to kenjancef)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Outlook Web Access >> OWA 2007 and Windows firewall Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter