OWA with Child Domains (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Outlook Web Access



Message


jheckman -> OWA with Child Domains (9.May2007 3:44:00 PM)

I have a parent domain with 5 child domains setup (all 2003 sp2, 2003 domain, 2000 forest) . We have one exhange 07 server that sits in the parent domain. The users in the child domains can log into their domain and connect via outlook but OWA will not let them log in. Below is the error the user sees and in the exchange app log it just states the domain controller for the child can not be found .. HELP

MSExchange AdAccess Error #2130 .. I can ping the child dc and ran netdiag and all looks fine .. child domain users can authenicate via outlook .. Process w3wp.exe

User sees after the time zone screen appears .. if I purposely put in wrong PW then the timezone screen will not appear .. using windows integrated for OWA

Request
Url: https://mail.vlodge.net:443/owa/lang.owa
User host address: 198.148.164.136

Exception
Exception type: Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.ADTransientException
Exception message: Could not find any available Domain Controller in domain DC=eastern,DC=iamaw,DC=org.

To fix the OWA error for users who reside in the parent directory I had to select the inherit parent permissions checkbox in the security tab but the account in child domain already had that checked .. I compared all security settings side by side and all match ???




cjacobs -> RE: OWA with Child Domains (10.May2007 3:05:12 PM)

I'm also having this problem. I've done everything jheckman has done.

Permissions appear to be set everywhere they should be and communication is trafficking to and from the child domain...

My domain forest has one tree with a parent and two children.




Here's my event log for the error:


Process w3wp.exe (PID=4188). Exchange Active Directory Provider could not find an available domain controller in domain DC=child,DC=yada,DC=yadayada,DC=com. This event may be caused by network connectivity issues or configured incorrectly DNS server. This event may also occur if you have not configured correctly your multiple Active Directory sites.




Here's the error as seen on the site:

Request
Url:
https://exchange:443/owa/lang.owa
User host address: 192.168.96.43

Exception
Exception type: Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.ADTransientException
Exception message: Could not find any available Domain Controller in domain DC=child,DC=yada,DC=yadayada,DC=com.

Call stack


Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.DSAccessTopologyProvider.GetServerFromDomainDN(String distinguishedName)

Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.ConnectionPoolManager.GetConnection(ConnectionType connectionType, ADObjectId domain, String serverName, Int32 port, Int32& maxRetries)
Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.ConnectionPoolManager.GetConnection(ConnectionType connectionType, NetworkCredential networkCredential, ADObjectId domain, Int32& maxRetries)
Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.ADSession.GetConnection(String preferredServer, Boolean isWriteOperation, Boolean isNotifyOperation, ADObjectId& rootId, Int32& maxRetries)
Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.ADSession.GetReadConnection(String preferredServer, ADObjectId& rootId, Int32& maxRetries)
Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.ADSession.Find(ADObjectId rootId, String optionalBaseDN, ADObjectId readId, QueryScope scope, QueryFilter filter, SortBy sortBy, Int32 maxResults, IEnumerable`1 properties, CreateObjectDelegate objectCreator, CreateObjectsDelegate arrayCreator)
Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.ADSession.Read(ADObjectId entryId, IEnumerable`1 properties, CreateObjectDelegate objectCtor)
Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.Recipient.ADRecipientSession.Read(ADObjectId entryId)
Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.ExchangePrincipal.Save()
Microsoft.Exchange.Clients.Owa.Core.RequestDispatcher.DispatchLanguagePostLocally(OwaContext owaContext, OwaIdentity logonIdentity, CultureInfo culture, String timeZoneKeyName, Boolean isOptimized)
Microsoft.Exchange.Clients.Owa.Core.RequestDispatcher.DispatchLanguagePostRequest(OwaContext owaContext)
Microsoft.Exchange.Clients.Owa.Core.RequestDispatcher.PrepareRequestWithoutSession(OwaContext owaContext, UserContextCookie userContextCookie)
Microsoft.Exchange.Clients.Owa.Core.RequestDispatcher.InternalDispatchRequest(OwaContext owaContext)
Microsoft.Exchange.Clients.Owa.Core.RequestDispatcher.DispatchRequest(OwaContext owaContext)
System.Web.HttpApplication.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)




If I solve my problem, I'll post my solution here.

Thanks




cjacobs -> RE: OWA with Child Domains (10.May2007 6:10:25 PM)

Ok, I've solved this problem for my domains.

I did it by running the exchange setup with the /PrepareDomain arg on the child domain PDCs...

OWA works fine now...

Cheers! [:D]




jheckman -> RE: OWA with Child Domains (11.May2007 7:53:51 AM)

Thanks that worked great .. It was a pain however to find and download the 32 bit version .. The child PDC is 32 bit and I had to install .Net 2.0 and powershell but after it ran web mail started working fine .. THANKS




Page: [1]