• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Vanishing Emails

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> Vanishing Emails Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Vanishing Emails - 10.May2007 9:24:03 PM   
patrickbeebe

We've got a SBS 2003 system running Exchange 2003 and we're trying to use the POP3 connector to retrieve email from an external POP3 mail server and deliver it to internal mailboxes.  According to the application logs, turned to the maximum logging level, everything is going fine, but the messages are vanishing into thin air.

Application Logs reveal the following:

(1) POP3 connector connects to remote server

The POP3 server (mailbox <mail.nwwafair.com [XXXXXX@nwwafair.com]>) responded to the Microsoft Connector for POP3 Mailboxes connection with: <+OK vastnetworks.net ArGoSoft Mail Server Pro for WinNT/2000/XP, Version 1.8 (1.8.8.9)
>.

(2) Access is granted

Access was granted to the mailbox <mail.nwwafair.com> logging on as <XXXXXX@nwwafair.com>.

(3) Messages are seen

There are 1 message(s) with a total of 3729
byte(s) for mailbox <mail.nwwafair.com [XXXXXXX@nwwafair.com]>.

(4) Messages are downloaded

The message <id:{1CFB4F93-8DAC-4126-8816-39D0C70606AF}> was downloaded from the POP3 server (mailbox <XXXXXX@nwwafair.com [mail.nwwafair.com]>).

(5) ... Removed from remote server

The message <id:{1CFB4F93-8DAC-4126-8816-39D0C70606AF}> was deleted from the POP3 server (mailbox <XXXXXXX@nwwafair.com [mail.nwwafair.com]>).

(6) Routed to users mailbox

The message <id: {1CFB4F93-8DAC-4126-8816-39D0C70606AF}> was routed to <XXXXXXX@nwwafair.com> by an individual mailbox mapping.

(7) Finishes successfully

The delivery process for message <id: {1CFB4F93-8DAC-4126-8816-39D0C70606AF}> finished successfully.

(8) Transcript of SMTP session:

The POP3 session transcript for mailbox <mail.nwwafair.com [XXXXXX@nwwafair.com]> was:
<S>: +OK vastnetworks.net ArGoSoft Mail Server Pro for WinNT/2000/XP, Version 1.8 (1.8.8.9)
<C>: USER XXXXXXX@nwwafair.com
<S>: +OK Password required for XXXXXXX@nwwafair.com
<C>: PASS <secret password>
<S>: +OK Mailbox locked and ready
<C>: STAT
<S>: +OK 1 3731
<C>: {Downloaded and deleted messages if neccessary}
<C>: QUIT
<S>: +OK Aba he

If I load the message tracking tool, and enter in one of the message IDs identified from the logs, nothing is found.

What is going on here?

Version 6.5 (Build 7638.2: Service Pack 2)
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> Vanishing Emails Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter