• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Replicate Public folder contacts with SQL database...?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> Replicate Public folder contacts with SQL database...? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Replicate Public folder contacts with SQL database...? - 15.May2007 10:49:35 AM   
markmccrory

Is it possible to replicate between an MS SQL 2005 database table containing company contact information and an MS Exchange public folder contacts folder?  Our development team is creating an in house application that needs to extract or update contact information stored in a contacts public folder in our MS Exchange environment.  All data must be stored centrally on an SQL 2005 database and the users should be able to see contact data both in the new app via the SQL database and also in our Public folder structure.  Ive seen a few articles saying that this can be done but nothing saying how.  
Post #: 1
RE: Replicate Public folder contacts with SQL database...? - 17.May2007 5:15:38 AM   
ismail.mohammed

hi,
I think this could be possible by this xp_sql2exchange package
is a suite of SQL extended stored procedures written in high-speed C++ using efficient "cached-connection" (and, optionally, "connection-pooling") technology. This suite of extended stored procedures allows a DBA (DataBase Administrator) to easily update Contacts, Appointments, Tasks, and Journal Entries in the Public Folders of an Exchange Server.

For more information check it out
Send SQL Server Data to Exchange
http://www.sqlservercentral.com/columnists/SBoriotti/2985.asp

http://www.xpsql2exchange.com/

(in reply to markmccrory)
Post #: 2
RE: Replicate Public folder contacts with SQL database...? - 4.Jun.2007 11:02:21 AM   
markmccrory

Sorry, I forgot to update this.  Yes this solution was exactly what I was looking for.  I spoke to the guy who wrote the code for this and he was a great help.  Thanks for your help on this.

(in reply to ismail.mohammed)
Post #: 3
RE: Replicate Public folder contacts with SQL database...? - 5.Jun.2007 10:08:58 AM   
ismail.mohammed

You most welcome mark. Thanks for responding back to give us the current status.
Regards,
Ismail Mohammed

(in reply to markmccrory)
Post #: 4
RE: Replicate Public folder contacts with SQL database...? - 18.Nov.2009 9:23:31 AM   
ukulele

hi all,

i have a similar problem. We export our CRM contact information to exchange public folders. It's done by a software we bought from our CRM reseller wich is, friendly, freaking me out. There is no need for much options, so I m not very comfortable with buying another product. I like to do it by SQL trigger wich brought me here...

Aperently the site you're refereeing to is down, the owner seems to be out of business and unreachable and the content gone. Is there any other source where I can download it or can someone help me out?

< Message edited by ukulele -- 18.Nov.2009 10:43:46 AM >

(in reply to ismail.mohammed)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> Replicate Public folder contacts with SQL database...? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter