• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Offline Address Book Cannot Be Associated with a Particular Mailbox

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Installation >> Offline Address Book Cannot Be Associated with a Particular Mailbox Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Offline Address Book Cannot Be Associated with a Partic... - 16.May2007 8:47:36 AM   
bozard

When I run the exchange 2007 best practices tool I get the error, Offline Address Book Cannot Be Associated with a Particular Mailbox. I know that the best practices tool then gives you the opportunity to view suggestions on how to fix this.

My question is, the page it references talks about exchange 2000 and 2003. Since it doesn’t mention 2007 does it still apply, or are the some subtle or major differences?

Thanks...

(I guess this would be related to my problem with the send/receive errors? Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8004010F) : 'The operation failed. An object could not be found.)

Post #: 1
RE: Offline Address Book Cannot Be Associated with a Pa... - 23.May2007 12:24:49 PM   
Ase

Hi bozard,

You are not the only one with this problem...I get the exact same report from "Best Practices Tool", but have no send/receive errors. In other forums I have found others with the same issue, but no resolution to it :(.

Regards,
Ase

(in reply to bozard)
Post #: 2
RE: Offline Address Book Cannot Be Associated with a Pa... - 9.Jun.2007 1:20:25 PM   
Ase

Hi All,

Here is the sollution. Go into "Server Configuration" / "Mailbox" / "Mailbox Database" / "Properties".
Under the tab "Client Settings" choose "Offline adress book"  to be "\Default Offline Address Book".

Regards
Ase

(in reply to bozard)
Post #: 3
RE: Offline Address Book Cannot Be Associated with a Pa... - 21.Jun.2007 3:47:05 PM   
Elan Shudnow

I actually asked Harold Wong (guy who does the Exchange 2007 24-part webcast series) about this.  He basically stated, Outlook 2007 won't have send/receive errors even if the paramter is not defined due to hard-coding so it knows where to still find the OAB.  The BPA will still throw a warning/errror at you telling you to define the parameter (which ASE explains).

(in reply to Ase)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Installation >> Offline Address Book Cannot Be Associated with a Particular Mailbox Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter